Insimenator.org
May 31, 2024, 08:08:59 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: GoBo lights not working! / Students can't buy pets?  (Read 2034 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Britpoptarts

View Profile
« on: February 14, 2007, 10:26:48 pm »

Does anyone know what could cause object errors with the GoBo and DiscoBall lights?

I can't see them in-game anymore. Lots that had them working OR new lots.

I get an error message each time and canceling or resetting has no effect, they have to be deleted.

Any ideas what could be conflicting with them? It's driving me crazy. :tard:

Also, I was pretty sure I had a build/buy enabler for community lots, but I can't build most things on dorm lots and can't build or buy on other lots. Also: I had a student ask for a bird cage, got one, and then couldn't buy a bird. So students in dorms can't buy pets?
billyd1000

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2007, 10:48:48 pm »

They can buy birds and womrats, click on the bird cage to get the buy bird option.

Burn the midnight oil, it will be daylight soon....
Britpoptarts

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2007, 02:43:54 am »

Thanks, that resolved the bird question! :love5:

The GoBo lights appear to be a Maxis problem, based on other threads I found online. Some folks thought they were tied to lighting mods like commlightson and smart(er)lights or Gunmod's Radiance mod, but I had none of those at the time and there were still issues. Can't go to lots with lights installed without deleting them. It's aggravating.

I say it appears to be a Maxis problem because other users report that even a clean install without custom content doesn't fix the lights and whereas I can't test it as I installed all EPs and SPs at the same time, the issues started with OFB. Other users think that the pool lights conflict with the disco lights, but most lots with the disco lights don't have pools. One fix suggested was to remove all pool lights in-game and then uninstall/reinstall and replace the pool lights, but this drastic measure didn't resolve everyone's issues.

The irritating thing is that they originally worked for me with all EPs and SPs except FF. Hopefully Seasons will correct the problem, but I don't have high hopes.

Users who approached Maxis with support questions were ignored or didn't get useful answers, but Maxis did attempt to help some, which again points to it being a known bug. On the other hand, if it is a Maxis issue, then the lights shouldn't have ever worked in the first place. Right? It's baffling.

Usually users figure out the problem and find a fix, but it seems like only a few people are asking for help with the problem. If anyone CAN help with this, I'd appreciate it. It doesn't appear to be a common issue, though.

I'm going to try adjusting my graphics settings in-game and see if that helps.

I miss my disco lights on my community lots. Sad
BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2007, 10:39:38 am »

two words: Pets EP

three words: Buggy as [user choice]

"There is a certain elegance in wasting time. Any fool can waste money, but when you waste time you waste what is priceless."
-- Maugham, W. Somerset. Ashenden: Or the British Agent.
Britpoptarts

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2007, 12:21:55 am »

Suspected culprits identified elsewhere: Numenor's Chimera light's .nlo file, Gunmod's lighting hacks, commlightson hack and poollightsfix hack.

Or a crappy NVidia graphics card / too recent driver being naughty.

And, as BBB said, Petzoneoneone is borked big time. Gee, sounds like Return of the B@--@-- Undead Son of Unleashed, which borkified my game well and truly during Sims 1.

So, in an attempt to fix the fracking lights, I removed the Chimera lights and .nlo, that didn't fix the problem. Numenor is cleared.

Gunmod's hacks: GoBo / disco lights didn't work BEFORE installing these mods, so I'm leaving it all alone for now.

commlightson -- already removed on advice from MATY and elsewhere

poollightsfix -- just removed it, as I rarely bother with pools anymore, and will report back if it fixes the issue.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: