Insimenator.org
May 03, 2024, 10:18:06 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Cant start Sims  (Read 1488 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
kvenka

View Profile
« on: February 18, 2007, 01:29:03 am »

ok i installed hair in my game a couple days ago..and today when i tried to play it, it started loading and then just crashed. I looked in sims 2 clean installer, i disabled all the red highlighted hacks. There are no viruses in my computer. And then in sims 2 clean installer, a bunch of notices about not able to read files came up, i dont know what thats about. Can someone help? thanks so much.
Frog_Man

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2007, 01:39:58 am »

Can you say what hair it is? I just wanna know, just in case I have it, because mine works fine.
wawayaya

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2007, 05:48:11 am »

That happened to me before the Pets patch; if you don't have Pets and you load something from someone who has it, it will crash your game.  Even if this isn't the case, you are probably right to suspect it was something you recently downloaded.

Look at your downloads file and pull out the new stuff; selecting "details" will give you the date.  We'll assume your old stuff is fine so you want to separate them from the new ones.

I just create temporary folders to sort the good from the possibly bad, then test the latter.  To save loading time, leave in some of the possibly bad in the downloads, and drag everything else to the desktop.  Since the less you have in your downloads, the faster the game loads, you should take out whatever you tested that works.  Keep on testing parts of you downloads until you identify the bad one.  

Whatever you do, don't enter established households or you could mess up your set up (I learned this the hard way when I didn't click on the right buttons for allowing custom content when I got Nightlife.)  Good luck!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: