Insimenator.org
May 09, 2024, 02:56:09 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Downloaded Sim won't show up  (Read 2570 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Frog_Man

View Profile
« on: February 22, 2007, 11:14:16 pm »

I was sent a 'Sim' by someone (I can't say whose it is, so she doesn't get asked by others) and it didn't work. (it brought me to a 'coded' message, with strange symbols, etc)

So she said to use FlashGET, so I did. I opened FlashGET, and WALA! it brought me to the .rar

I opened the .rar and it brought me to the .Sims2Pack, which opened easily, so I installed to Downloads folder. I opened Bodyshop, he wasn't there. I closed Bodyshop, reinstalled to Downloads, AND EVEN TO SavedSims FOLDER, and opened Bodyshop.

No cookie. I keep trying and trying, but I can't get him to show up.

Any ideas?
« Last Edit: February 22, 2007, 11:24:50 pm by Frog_Man » Logged
veash

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2007, 11:48:59 pm »

I get that with fresh CC once in awhile.  Sometimes it shows up after rebooting and sometimes it doesn't.  If it was a problem with different ep's like Pets vs no Pets, it should have given you a message about not having the required EP.
Frog_Man

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2007, 11:57:20 pm »

It lets me download it, but he just doesn't show up, it doesn't say 'Error' or anything, it acts like it works, but it doesn't show. I'll try rebooting.

EDIT: Nope, sorry (man, it was faster than I thought lol)
« Last Edit: February 23, 2007, 12:06:57 am by Frog_Man » Logged
veash

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2007, 12:11:05 am »

It was worth a shot.  I never have figured out where that CC goes when it installs and doesn't show up.
Frog_Man

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2007, 01:01:09 am »

Aww, thanks for trying though.
BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2007, 03:15:25 am »

Frog_Man - odds are this Sim was made with the bugged-out version of Body Shop that ships with the Pets Expansion Pack.  If you extract the Sims2Pack and look at the Property Set (GZPS) of the face meshes in 363e827e_820cb4b9.package you may see parts (dtUInteger) = data, but no outfit (dtUInteger) = data.  If this is the case use the method in this tutorial to add that data and the Sim should work.

If the outfit (dtUInteger) = data is already present, then it may be that the Sim is a Young Adult and will only show up in the University Create-a-Student.  Check in the Age Data (AGED) area of the file and look for age (dtUInteger) = 0x00000040 - then this is most likely a Young Adult.

Hope this info gets your download working.

"There is a certain elegance in wasting time. Any fool can waste money, but when you waste time you waste what is priceless."
-- Maugham, W. Somerset. Ashenden: Or the British Agent.
Frog_Man

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2007, 10:21:35 am »

How am I supposed to get it into SimPE? (I just downloaded it)

And don't think he is a young adult, because when I go into Bodyshop, it shows ALL of the downloaded sims (age/gender doesn't matter) but he isn't there at all.

EDIT: This is what I get through the File-> Open... way

« Last Edit: February 23, 2007, 10:34:03 am by Frog_Man » Logged
BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2007, 10:33:20 am »

well ... Frog_Man, one assumes you have .NET 2.0 framework installed and there is a shortcut icon in yout All Programmes folder

"There is a certain elegance in wasting time. Any fool can waste money, but when you waste time you waste what is priceless."
-- Maugham, W. Somerset. Ashenden: Or the British Agent.
Frog_Man

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2007, 11:05:27 pm »

Thanks
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: