Insimenator.org
May 06, 2024, 08:07:12 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: GAHH CAS to in game...  (Read 3170 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
nova-storm

View Profile
« on: February 09, 2007, 05:59:30 pm »

AHHHH Ok I am bout to trash these sims! I have been working on and off on a few sims. I was getting ready to upload one today, so I put her in game to take some screen shots. i load her up in game and her face is dif. it is not the way it was in CAS. Her chin is wrong her lips are wrong. her cheeks are not set right! SO I remake her and again it massed her face up. They are not BIG changes but enough to make her not what she was ment to be. what is doing this? is it pets? do i have something in my game turned off. or... is it all my cold meds lol....:chainsaw:

this is the sim when I made her 5 months ago.

and this is what she lookd like in cas And this is In game! :smt120

« Last Edit: February 09, 2007, 06:14:24 pm by nova-storm » Logged

:happy8:A closed mouth gathers no foot. :smile:
resistance is futile you will be assimilated
Triple_sSs

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2007, 06:40:09 pm »

This is a Pets bug that happens when you move a family into a lot along with pets, their faces will revert back to default Maxis templates. The latest Pets patch at the Sims 2 site should fix this. Smiley
« Last Edit: February 09, 2007, 06:42:32 pm by Triple_sSs » Logged
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2007, 07:09:06 pm »

I've always found that sims look slightly different in my game as compared to how they look in CAS. Alot of it has to with the fact that in CAS, you're looking at them at just enough of a different angle to make the shape of the jaw, etc look different. If you look closely at your two pictures you can see it. The leftside picture she's looking at us with her chin up a little higher than in the right side picture. Also, I find sims tend to walk around in game with this annoying little smirk, which can change the apparent shape of the mouth.

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
nova-storm

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2007, 07:16:44 pm »

She had no pet when she moved in to the lot and I have the patch.  *cry's*

BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2007, 07:33:10 pm »

there is a more general bug in Pets EP dealing with the face geometry of Sims.  I have seen multiple Sims available where the user modified face mesh has been supplanted by the Maxis template even though all the appropriate information was present in the user-edited version.  This is a prevalent bug since about 1/4 Sims I have downloaded after the release of the patch continues to have this problem.  I suspect that there is a deeper flaw in the Pets EP than was formerly believed.  A CAS lot may have a stray trapped in the lot that is not visible and causes this issue, I know many people have reported the stray appearing on the lot and it is evident that this results in a serious problem with face templates, relations, etc.

In some instances, I have found as many as 3 versions of the adult age face in one Sim, not counting low-res versions.  These were made AFTER installing the patch, easily determined by the proper placement and presence of the outfit= tag in the Property Set.

I think that the only possible solution in this situation is to maually edit the Sim's character file to link it to the proper face template; this is what I have resorted to with several of the Sims I have downloaded.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2007, 07:36:13 pm by ~Marvine~ » Logged

"There is a certain elegance in wasting time. Any fool can waste money, but when you waste time you waste what is priceless."
-- Maugham, W. Somerset. Ashenden: Or the British Agent.
nova-storm

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2007, 07:36:26 pm »

so should i report it to mixis? or will that just be a wast of air?

and will this do the same to every one that has pets? or is it just with random sims? Could it be due to the fact I made the sim PRE pets and there for it can not handle the face template? Maybe i should tyr to resim the sim and see if that is still the issue.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2007, 07:39:25 pm by nova-storm » Logged

BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2007, 07:38:27 pm »

hrm... they just released a fix patch that fixes nothing... do you think they really care?

"There is a certain elegance in wasting time. Any fool can waste money, but when you waste time you waste what is priceless."
nova-storm

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2007, 07:54:34 pm »

lol! I am guessing NOT So I want YOU to fix it OH great GOD BBB!

BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2007, 10:18:06 pm »

my solution is as bold as it is simple: uninstall Pets EP and destroy the installation media

nova-storm

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2007, 10:33:57 pm »

NOOOOOO!!!! Not my kitties!  *slaps BBB with a large trout*

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: