Insimenator.org
May 04, 2024, 05:03:20 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: plum bob!!!  (Read 1721 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
DOEreoh

View Profile
« on: February 09, 2007, 03:38:59 pm »

i want to get rid of my plum bob!!!

i saw a cheat code that does just that....but as far as i know its for OFB only!!!

is there a hack....or anything...that will get rid of my plum bob??? (the funny green/platinum diamond above a selected sims head)

ps ive seen 2 mods that change the plum bob to either a star of sphere on mts2 but nothing to get rid of it! Sad

thanks!!

oh i have ep2 only if that helps...
« Last Edit: February 09, 2007, 04:49:38 pm by Rogue777 » Logged
justluvly101

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2007, 04:56:44 pm »

Oh i do know of one actually ! Let me see if i can find it!

http://www.delphster.net/inge/Patches/

I am pretty sure its the  NoBalloons_patch and it has something in there that gets rid of the plumbbob and the headings and thought bubbles stuff like that ...I use to use it with no probs when i didnt have OFB Smiley hope that helps ...
« Last Edit: February 09, 2007, 05:01:36 pm by justluvly101 » Logged
BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2007, 07:25:47 pm »

Doereoh: the Plumbbobtoggle [on/off] cheat requires Open for Business EP although some people report this cheat works in NL, Maxis does not list it as offcial until OfB, so you would be best served by the No Ballons Patch at Simlogical (near bottom of page) - this is the same as mentioned by justluvly, but in its proper home with the commentary by the crator.

Quote from: Inge, Simlogical
NO BALLOONS PATCH  (base game & University EP compatible)
13th May 2005 updated to include plumbob hider

Note: Although this works with Uni, I haven't actually updated it.  The EP may have some extra balloons that will show up.

I didn't manage to get rid of *all* of them.  They still notice popular or romantic sims, and have desperation balloons, and new possession balloons.  However, the plumbob is gone.  But to get the most complete effect you really need to start with a new family and new lot after installing this patch.

There are three files - the one called "extra" has stuff in it that *might* affect gameplay and make them not earn skills etc.  I don't use this patch myself so you're best off asking people who use it what if any exact effects it has.  The one called PlumbobZapper is actually an object in your catalogue (under Misc/All) - it's a CD-ROM.   If you find the patches are not getting rid of the plumbobs, then place this on the lot, and it checks for plumbobs every few minutes and hides them

Good for storytellers.  NB: This patch will probably infect uploaded lots.

Not needed for Nightlife or later, which has a cheat code for this.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2007, 07:27:48 pm by ~Marvine~ » Logged

"There is a certain elegance in wasting time. Any fool can waste money, but when you waste time you waste what is priceless."
-- Maugham, W. Somerset. Ashenden: Or the British Agent.
DOEreoh

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2007, 11:00:26 am »

thanks to you both!!! Smiley

i got one and will test it out now!!!

pretty ideal to...kuz i didnt wana get rid of thought balloons, only plum bobs...and the creator made the no plumbob mod in its own package!! yay

thanks again!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: