Insimenator.org
May 15, 2024, 10:51:57 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Question about packaging lots and sims  (Read 1487 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Mickey57

View Profile
« on: February 12, 2007, 06:43:20 pm »

Hi All,

When you package a lot or a sim, does the file include the needed meshes?  If it does not, How do you tell which mesh out of your collection goes with the file.  I am asking because I have way too many downloads, I want to package my favorite homes and businesses, hoping to save all the stuff that I use with any frequency and to dump the rest.  So, here are my questions:

1.  When you package a sim, are his/her body meshes packaged with him/her?

2.  When you package a sim, do you get the entire wardrobe in the package, or only the clothes they are wearing when you package them?

3.  When you package a house or business lot, are the meshes included in the package too?  

Thanks for any help/advice you can give me.  

I really have way too much in my game and I want to get rid of a lot if I can!  

Thanks so much,

Mickey

:worship:Big Daddy still got it goin' on!:worship:
BlueSoup

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2007, 07:44:58 pm »

1.  If you have Pets, it includes the meshes.

2.  No, only what they are wearing.

3.  Yes.
Mickey57

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2007, 07:49:09 pm »

Thanks so much!

:worship:Big Daddy still got it goin' on!:worship:
BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2007, 02:12:10 am »

What Blue says in 99.99999% true - there are some things that the game may neglect to include when you package a lot - in particular the clothing meshes and hair meshes of sims that are on the lot, and some custom content may be included but pretty much useless to the end user (modular stairs are a particularly good example here); I think this remains true of Pets EP.  Prior to Pets, you had to be very cautious about the Lots you uploaded because the game was down-right obsessive compulsive about including every recolour of every item you used (and may have even deleted from the lot during design) when it packaged the lot for sharing.  My all time favourite example is a 2x3 lot with nothing on it but the mailbox, the trash can, and some terrain edits - it was 17 MB uncompressed.  There were a bajillion mailbox recolours, a bajillion trash can recolours, 20 terrain paints (including one that was a green grass replacement), 2 versions of CEP, 3 mail box hacks, InSIMenator, InTEENimater, and about 30 other hacks/mods, including the nudity hack, the paperboy, and the mailman.

I assume the creator had played the lot a bit before moving the family out.  But even so, it was a crazy thing to see.

So it is fairly important that you use Sims2Pack Clean Installer to delete unneeded recolours and objects from the lots you want to share.  You can download and read about it here:  http://sims2pack.modthesims2.com/

"There is a certain elegance in wasting time. Any fool can waste money, but when you waste time you waste what is priceless."
-- Maugham, W. Somerset. Ashenden: Or the British Agent.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: