Insimenator.org
May 01, 2024, 06:26:26 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Which one???  (Read 1586 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Bev in NY

View Profile
« on: February 17, 2007, 07:03:02 pm »

ok finally my game is running...i have all 4 expansion packs...i've also downloaded some custom stuff...some isn't in my game...i know which ones didn't but not sure how to remove them from my downloads folder...I mean there is so many numbers and some is labeled so i know what they r...but when it is just in numbers i'm not sure....i do have clean installer and was wondering if  the number by a name of who it is from if i then use that number and correspond it in my downloads folder so that i remove the right stuff?Huh?
Also i was thinking of getting the insimenator...but not sure what version i should get and i read the documentation on it...just still little confused which version to get...any recommendations?Huh?

BEV
XPTL297

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2007, 05:30:15 am »

Your specifications are very little specific. You have all the 4 expansions must mean you have Uni, NL, OFB and Pets. GLS and Fun Pack are not expansions. If info is correct you must check the last version of the Insimenator. They are classified as Object, Destination and Sim ( I think I use the Destination version). You must decide which one is best for you.
To remove custom content you have just to delete them from the downloads folder.
If you have hacks or hacked objects, you should turn off you comp after the deletion, to avoid that some TSR (Terminate and stay resident) stuffs are left in memory and still shows up.
Files that have only numbers as name, are downloads that you got in the form of Packed Sims or Lots. When they are decompressed directly to the downloads folder, they get those long numbers name. You should rename them as soon as you install them to avoid losing control.
If you can use SimPe, you can open them and check what they are about.
It is a difficult task if you are not experienced SimPe user.
If you have far too many downloads, it would be better that you take them all out and start to reclassify them correctly and place them back only when you know exactly what you're doing.
If you have downloades meshes (for clothing, hairs, etc), then it is specially important to know what'swhat. A mesh without respective recolor doesn't work as well as a recolor without respective mesh doesn't show up in game.
This must be the reason why some of your contents don't show up - it is missing either the mesh or the equivalent recolor.
Bev in NY

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2007, 06:17:03 pm »

Thanx XPTL297...for your reply i appreciate it...yes i only have the expansion packs so far no stuff packs...i do plan on getting Seasons of course...i'm not even going to try and get SimPe...i have enough problems with the simple stuff i've done so far....but i like your suggestion of renaming stuff so i have my own idea of what they r...as far as the insimenator goes i know i don't care about the object one...so it would b one of the other 2...thanx again for your help...

BEV
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: