Insimenator.org
May 04, 2024, 01:01:14 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Character sim files and cheat box issues?  (Read 1778 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
stelmaria
« on: February 17, 2007, 02:52:18 am »

I was wondering how I find my Created Sim files.. in all the mess that is my EA Games folder?

I'm having a problem recently with trying to get my cheat box to show up... because it won't. Ctrl + shift + C does nothing, and the cheat I was using to keep my sims from aging is no longer in effect. Not sure what happened there. So i'm thinking I may need to end up doing a complete reinstall.

But I dont' want to lose the Sims I've made, same for their homes, etc.. I just need normal files restored really, I suppose. Should I just save my neighborhood folders?

Help?  ;~;
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2007, 03:58:08 am »

You could use the Temporal Adjuster to turn the aging off.  As far as the cheat box not opening, I've heard of that, but don't have a clue how to fix it.
veash

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2007, 09:23:18 pm »

Sounds like you have a few hacks that aren't agreeing with each other.  Try running the Sims 2 Hack Conflict Detection Utility first.
http://www.simwardrobe.com
Sleepycat

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2007, 05:00:26 pm »

theres a cursor program that causes Ctrl + shift + C  to not work (for bringing up the cheat box) so if you have a cursor program, get rid of it. *can't remember the name of it*

if you want to save your neighborhoods and your custom content before uninstalling and reinstalling then you can just drag+drop your Neighborhoods folder, Downloads folder, SavedSims folder (if you have anything in it) to your Desktop and then put them back after reinstalling.
You could also just rename the whole my docs/ea games/sims 2 folder  (rename it something like sims 2 backup) I would move it out of the ea games folder though, just to be safe.

Crazy Town - home of my Sim stories & SC4 Terrains, Sims, hairy Skintones and some clothes & stuff.
Simbology
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: