Insimenator.org
May 04, 2024, 05:55:40 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Some sims don't age  (Read 3616 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
_Krishna_

View Profile
« on: February 19, 2007, 08:02:58 am »

Hi everyone. I have a problem with some lots in the Strangetown. When it is 18.00 some sims on the lot don't age. It can be that the whole family doesn't age or only some of them don't. It only happens in Strangetown, other neighbourhoods are fine. And only on a few lots. Other lots are fine. What can it be? I've got hacks installed, but I think they would affect all lots and neighbourhoods. Help plz Sad
FallenAngel86

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2007, 04:03:00 pm »

Are u sure those sims are due to age that day? In the past i liked to increase the number of days some sim stays adult or child... with SimPE. I would put different number of days left till change for each sim, making some adult sim older then other sims. Could this be the problem. Maybe there is a way to change it without SimPE in the game and u accidently change something there.

Vote Ron Paul For President and save America and your Rights and Liberty RonPaul2008  
In 2008 make your vote count. Vote Ron Paul.
HOPE For America.  myspace-ronpaul
The Mule

Beast of Burden

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2007, 04:08:32 pm »

NRJ - the way he's describing it, it sounds like he's talking about single day aging, not necessarily age transformation...

Krishna, are they all downloaded lots or are some of them Maxi's lots? Take a family that doesn't age off the lot and onto a new one and see what happens...doesn't really sound like something any of us can fix without knowing even more specifics about these particular lots.

Oh!! If you package one of those lots and move them to another neighborhood, does it work ok then?

Yes...its the same Mule as before
Sleepycat

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2007, 04:43:04 pm »

sounds like the Lots are buggy, try moving them into new Lots.

Crazy Town - home of my Sim stories & SC4 Terrains, Sims, hairy Skintones and some clothes & stuff.
Simbology
jase439

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2007, 12:32:36 am »

Sounds like Junk Townie bug to me!  Strangetown is plagued with it.  See my post in this thread:

http://www.insimenator.org/showthread.php?t=37823

"Craaaazy...toys in the attic...I am craaaazy...truly gone fishing...they must have taken my marbles away..."
_Krishna_

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2007, 08:44:10 am »

Well, these are lots with Beaker family and Smith family ( the original Maxis lots). And yes, I meant single day aging. I tried moving one family to another lot, but that didnt help (I only tried once though). Is there a way to debug a lot? Any cheats to do that? Thanks for your replies.

P.S. and by the way - i'm a female Tongue

Just found out something. Jase reminded me with the link to another thread that it could be the Inteen. I removed it and everything works fine Tongue Dammit! I wanted to play with InTeen in these lots. Gonna check the guide now to see if I can do something to correct it.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2007, 07:26:03 pm by Serafina » Logged
billyd1000

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2007, 10:45:44 am »

Krishna, I wouldnt be too fast to blame inteen for this. I have played both Strangetown and Veronaville with no custm content whatsoever, and had this aging, or rather, non-aging problem. I have respawned and started with fresh never played base Neighborhoods numerous times. Sometimes the problem is there, (particularly with the Smiths, Beakers, and Septer's), and sometimes everyone ages just as they should. It's just a Strangetown, Veronaville thing that happens. Good simming! Smiley

Burn the midnight oil, it will be daylight soon....
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2007, 01:51:50 pm »

Quote from: _Krishna_;591761
Just found out something. Jase reminded me with the link to another thread that it could be the Inteen. I removed it and everything works fine Tongue Dammit! I wanted to play with InTeen in these lots. Gonna check the guide now to see if I can do something to correct it.

Actually the way to fix the problem is with InTeen.  For each of the sims in question spawn the biological clock.  Everything should be fine for them after that.

One other possibility...If you used InSIMenator to add someone to the family, there's a bug that will be fixed with the next release that resets that sims age to -99 or a long long long time until a birthday.  Easiest way to fix that would be to use Temporal Adjuster to change the sim's age to something else, then change it back to what it was.
billyd1000

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2007, 07:39:33 pm »

The problem with using inteen to fix this aging bug is that you cannot spawn the clock for children and elders. It works great on teens and adults though.

ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2007, 07:49:13 pm »

Then follow my suggestion using InSim for the children and elders.  Smiley
billyd1000

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2007, 07:57:04 pm »

Oh that is what I have done, as well as fixing it with the boolprop cheats enabled, I just wanted to mention that point for those not as familliar with getting around this problem as I am. Insim and inteen together, a great combination!! Smiley

_Krishna_

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2007, 11:44:25 am »

Ok, how do I spawn the biological clock? I don't see the option in any of the menus...

Never mind, figured that, but it didn't help Sad
« Last Edit: February 23, 2007, 07:25:27 pm by Serafina » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: