Insimenator.org
May 04, 2024, 11:43:45 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6
  Print  
Author Topic: Problems with Fish and other Seasons actions  (Read 20936 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Ali
Short, fat n Cuddly!
Admin

I got a luverly bunch of c.... oops, wrong site!

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2007, 07:50:33 pm »

I've been able to fish right from the start, just didn't see the fish till I did the boolprop whatsitthingy. It shouldn't be a graphics issue, I have a nvidia 6800GT - granted, not top of the range, but still fairly beefy

Kathy, I'll check the fish tank - I'll set that boolprop thing back to false and see what happens

edit -- nope, I set the boolprop useshaders back to false and I see no fish in the aquarium or the pond
« Last Edit: March 02, 2007, 07:54:02 pm by ~Ali~ » Logged

"They're a rum lot, the Yorkshire folk. You can't fool them, you certainly can't get away with much and they call a spade a spade. Or rather, they call a spade 'a bloody shovel'" Mark Addy
kathy
TRAITOR

Rotten traitor

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2007, 07:58:09 pm »

Stupid game lol
Ali
Short, fat n Cuddly!
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2007, 08:01:07 pm »

HAHAHAHA

you know you love it really!!

what the hell is the usershaders thingybob anyway??

"They're a rum lot, the Yorkshire folk. You can't fool them, you certainly can't get away with much and they call a spade a spade. Or rather, they call a spade 'a bloody shovel'" Mark Addy
SarahsALoser

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 02, 2007, 08:04:11 pm »

if your graphic card supports pixel shading that can turn it on or off.

My piddly GeForce 4 doesn't support pixel shaders. There for, no fish for me! They can catch them I just can't see em.

Oh. I'm sorry! Is all this 'hunting evil' stuff boring you?
Winner of Make Over Challenge: Penelope Stevens.
Check out my Legacy Story over on LJ Here!
kathy
TRAITOR

Rotten traitor

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 02, 2007, 08:04:43 pm »

It is the cheat to circumvent the option when your game turns it off
Ali
Short, fat n Cuddly!
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 02, 2007, 08:09:28 pm »

ahhhhh

bugger, that's annoying that I'll have to turn it on everytime ... unless I don't have them fishing

billyd1000

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 03, 2007, 07:16:20 am »

I'm thinking this can be put in the user start up cheats so it won't need typed every time. I have not tried it yet but I am going to as my grapics do the same thing. Fish look real good with Use Shaders set to true though!! Smiley

Burn the midnight oil, it will be daylight soon....
billyd1000

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 03, 2007, 07:42:39 am »

Quote from: dunner1;605061
Unless you add it to the startup.cheat file, you'll have to type it in every time you play. Type it in on the Neighborhood screen, though, not on a lot, or the pools won't update.

Also, fish in the ponds take just a few "sim minutes" to appear. They'll stick their heads up in the water and then start swimming around.

Actually it does work typing it in when on a lot. At least it does for my computer, I figure people not familiar with boolprop cheats may be entering it wrong. It should be: boolprop UseShaders true  - and capitalization in the proper places is needed.

EDIT: I have to retract my statement. I had not done this cheat on a lot with a pool when I posted this. It works, but it corrupts the swimming pool. Sorry if I misled anyone. If you do happen to do this on a lot with a pool, you can rebuy the floor tiles for it. It will work ok,(Or at least has with my system), on a lot with a pond only and no swimming pool.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2007, 12:19:33 pm by billyd1000 » Logged

Burn the midnight oil, it will be daylight soon....
nappyluvin

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 03, 2007, 08:18:27 am »

Hey There,

Been reading about the fish problem and I have the same thing going on. Tried the boolprop thing but it didn't work. I think my card supports this, but I was wondering when I figure it out, how do you get to the user start up file to put cheats in so you don't have to do it everytime. I don't know how to do that , any help would be great ...thanx.:-P
BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: March 03, 2007, 09:05:25 am »

kathy - you will need to modify the video card file Graphics Rules.sgr in :

C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims 2 Seasons\TSData\Res\Config

if you post your video card model or a screen cap of you Display Properties (see pic), I can tell you what lines to edit.

"There is a certain elegance in wasting time. Any fool can waste money, but when you waste time you waste what is priceless."
-- Maugham, W. Somerset. Ashenden: Or the British Agent.
~Iris~

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 04, 2007, 02:52:05 pm »

I wish mine wouldn't freeze...I've already lost one kid to the Social Worker from that lol.  Try having your sim go swimming during the winter, then place a chair outside.  Once s/he's in the pool, direct him/her to nap in the chair for a while.  As they get colder, their skin will turn an odd shade of pale (almost like the vampire, though not quite).  Leave them outside for a while, and see what happens (just an fyi: they don't directly die from the cold, but their hunger motives drop drastically once they're freezing, and they end up starving to death).  Try doing the same to them if you want them to pass out from heat exhaustion.  Let them go outside in winter clothes during the Summer, and have them run the obstical course.  Good luck.

PS/Edit: I'm currently playing with three hacked objects (Sinful Shower, Lizzy Loves Swinger Bed, and Love Bed) and three general hacks (cBoy's body hack, no censor, no rot food hack), and I haven't experienced any problems so far.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2007, 02:58:40 pm by ~Iris~ » Logged

I can grow eggs, steaks, fish and books...but I can't make V8?

My custom sim is Egyptian royalty...the Adventure said so!
Dunner

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 06, 2007, 07:34:18 am »

UPDATE: I've just tested my game (AGAIN) with every single hack, mod, custom content, etc. removed... I've extensively scanned and rescanned with Sims 2 Clean Installer and I've manually looked through all of the folders myself... and...

My sims will still not overheat or freeze! For the red gauge, it will raise almost to the top, but it will not turn my sim's skin red, nor will they pass out or "burn" or anything...

And, for the blue gauge, it drops almost completely to the bottom, but that's it... They'll take a cold and sneeze a little, but that's all... They never freeze or anything else. I've tried having them swim then stand around in their swimming trunks... pretty much everything. Sad

Does anyone think that maybe it's a hidden percentage thing, like the UFO abductions/elevator crashes, or is it time for me to finally submit this to the EA bug report service? Argghh... How aggravating...

<('_'<) <('_')> (>'_')>
lewisb40
Sims 3? Yeah, I like it.

Hard Poop!

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 06, 2007, 09:58:24 am »

I use the useshaders cheat and I see the fish in one pond, the community lot with the large pond.  Since alot of my residential areas are small lots, I won't see them, no matter how deep I make them. I guess I have to go to the building mode and make larger lots, LOL. As long as my simmies can fish, I can live with it.  Wow, I forgot, I haven't been to any of my beach lots since seasons, I should have large enough pond water to see it then. Let me go find out...!

Michael J. Jackson - Best Entertainer in the World! 1958-2009  Sleep in Peace, Dear Prince.
BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: March 06, 2007, 10:41:37 am »

dunner have them stand a long time outside in their underwear - lets say long enough that they are in the red with some of their motives, then they'll freeze, freezing to death is not a pretty thing, I pity your sims, you are an evil master :lol:

"There is a certain elegance in wasting time. Any fool can waste money, but when you waste time you waste what is priceless."
-- Maugham, W. Somerset. Ashenden: Or the British Agent.
Creepies

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 06, 2007, 01:45:21 pm »

i put boolprop useshaders true on a line in the userprops file
and when i start my game in the roverblossom town.. some of my families disapeared. i dont know what to do now because i cant find boolprop useshaders true anymore in the userprops file. can someone help me!?!??!?!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6
  Print  

Jump to: