Insimenator.org
May 16, 2024, 12:49:04 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: University-no go to class option  (Read 2353 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
BlooBoo

View Profile WWW
« on: March 03, 2007, 03:59:47 pm »

I just got university and I cannot get my sims to go to class. There is no option for it. Sometimes they go when they want to without having to be prompted but when they are supposed to go to class and I need to prompt them--there's no option to click to MAKE them go.

How do I get this option and what is the problem?

~BlooBoo~
BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2007, 02:23:50 am »

Making a Sim go to class is only available during the hour before the class starts and the hour immediately after it starts in most instances.  Sims will automatically interrupt some interactions (not all) and go to class automatically if they are gold or platinum aspiration and all their needs are reasonably well met.  Class performance and scores for finals are linked to the aspiration status as well, so try to make sure your students are platinum before taking the final.

Students sometimes will not go to class because you have installed a mod that is incompatible with the University EP, the lot has become corrupted, the teleporter is blocked, or the objects.package has become corrupted.  Try scanning for mods/hacks that are in your downloads folder and check for University EP friendly versions.

"There is a certain elegance in wasting time. Any fool can waste money, but when you waste time you waste what is priceless."
-- Maugham, W. Somerset. Ashenden: Or the British Agent.
XPTL297

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2007, 07:43:21 am »

There was a problem before where was used lots that were not build in Uni, as for example use a house that was built in the main hood.
As rule I use only houses where they were originally build Main to Main, Uni to Uni.
Check if it is not the case.
BlooBoo

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2007, 10:15:11 am »

Ok, the only problem that it could possibly be is something that I have downloaded. Im not sure what--i'll have to scan to see if everything's compatible. Any recommendation of scanning programs that would work? The last one I downloaded was for TS2 and not University.

The option for my sim to go to class is not available at any time prior or during a class. Believe me, I have attempted to FORCE sims to go to class by canceling all of their activities, making their aspirations platinum and then clicking on them...when I click on them I have the option of Yoga or meditation. Nothing else. I even went so far as to play one of the already existing college sims with no purchased items or anything. Those didnt work either.

~BlooBoo~
BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2007, 11:24:17 am »

BlooBoo - hang on...  do your sims have cell phones? or maybe the remote control car? and have you installed the University Expansion Pack update from http://thesims2.ea.com/update ?  because this is begining to sound like it may be something besides a bad download.

When you click on a sim after installing Uni, you should have an option to "entertain" or maybe "free-style" - if this is absent, then the lot package file or the game's master  objects.package may have become corrupted.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2007, 11:26:33 am by ~Marvine~ » Logged

"There is a certain elegance in wasting time. Any fool can waste money, but when you waste time you waste what is priceless."
-- Maugham, W. Somerset. Ashenden: Or the British Agent.
BlooBoo

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2007, 04:36:00 pm »

Nope, I dont have any of those options. I was wondering if a patch or something had been released. i'll attempt to check on that link you provided and see if that helps. Otherwise, I suppose I will be re-installing the game or something.

~BlooBoo~
BlooBoo

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2007, 03:00:21 pm »

I figured out what the problem was. Apparently when I used a hack scanner, I found that it had problems with a teen woohoo download that I had downloaded and totally forgotten about. Once I deleted this from the downloads folder (I believe there were 3 files total) University worked properly and all options were available.

~BlooBoo~
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: