Insimenator.org
May 02, 2024, 12:04:28 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Guests Won't Interact with Anybody/thing on Their Own  (Read 1982 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Art Vandelay

View Profile
« on: March 09, 2007, 01:56:06 am »

This is a bit odd, after installing Seasons the visitors/guests on some of my lots don't want to interact with anything on their own - they just stand there. Only after being invited to do something will then interact with objects or other sims - then after the action is over, they continue to just stand there doing nothing. This is more evident on some of the community lots; upon arriving all of the visitors on the lot will walk to a certain spot and just stand there in a group... oddly only the "nightclub" lots which I have dj booths will this happen, but I don't have any dj booths in any of my residential lots where this sometimes happens in a select few of those houses.

I have a lot of downloaded content, a couple hacks but I'm pretty certain there aren't any I know of that are causing the conflict - I only have a couple of Squinge mods that have been updated for the Seasons expansion pack. They're all installed in a subfolder so I know where the hacks are, although I could have mistakenly installed an old hack into the main downloads folder, I haven't found any. I cleaned out most of the hacks after installing Seasons to make sure.

I don't think this is a Maxis Seasons glitch because I've browsed the forums and haven't seen anybody post a similar problem. Anybody experience something like this with their game?
Ali
Short, fat n Cuddly!
Admin

I got a luverly bunch of c.... oops, wrong site!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2007, 03:16:33 am »

have you checked in your gameplay settings to see if free will is on or off as it sounds like it's turned off

"They're a rum lot, the Yorkshire folk. You can't fool them, you certainly can't get away with much and they call a spade a spade. Or rather, they call a spade 'a bloody shovel'" Mark Addy
Art Vandelay

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2007, 03:47:18 am »

It's defenitely turned on, my own sims will go about tasks on their own - it's just the sims I don't have control over; guests invited to the house and sims on the community lot.
Sir.Cheatalot
Endangered Species

Endangered Species

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2007, 09:50:39 pm »

Use the Simpack2CleanInstaller and disable some of your hacks and mods, i had the same and after i disabled all hacks it was gone, then one by one i activated them to see wich one caused the prob and left it disabled until an update for it is availlable.

Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity.
Art Vandelay

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2007, 09:43:25 pm »

Thanks, Sir.Cheatalot. I check out CleanInstaller and removed a batch of files I couldn't imagine needing anymore - problem seems to be fixed for now. Once again thanks!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: