Insimenator.org
May 09, 2024, 11:28:54 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Dilemma  (Read 2631 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Diantha Lafurre

View Profile
« on: March 11, 2007, 03:29:59 pm »

I have a couple questions, and I apologize if this is in the wrong place, or if it's already been addressed, but I've spent a lot of time scouring the help forum on this and MTS2 and I can't seem to find a solution.

Basically, my first question is this: Is there any specific way you have to have your Downloads folder set up in order for custom content to show up? I've downloaded several things since installation of the Sims 2 and I have all the expansions excluding Open For Business. I've noticed that some of the things I've downloaded work fine, without any troubles whatsoever. But some things, mostly hacks/mods, and body meshes don't seem to want to show up properly.

So last night I decided it was time to reorganize my Downloads folder. Basically, I took everything out, and started adding things back in a little at a time. And I still ran into the same situation.

Also, can any of you reccomend any good hacks/mods that actually work?

Frog_Man

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2007, 03:33:25 pm »

Just make sure they are in 'Downloads' (not 'Download' or 'downloads' or 'yo homie-g put yo downloads here.') They should work fine.
Diantha Lafurre

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2007, 03:41:24 pm »

Hmm, I was under the impression you could use subfolders if you had Nightlife installed? *clueless* The weird thing is, I am using subfolders, and some of the things I've downloaded worked, but some don't. It's getting kind of irritating.. heh.

Frog_Man

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2007, 03:51:40 pm »

I use subfolders, and everything works.
baileybop
Squinge Is My Mastah

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2007, 03:51:49 pm »

Hi Diantha, I use subfolders for everything. I have my favorite creators, and their stuff all goes into their sub-folders. The only subfolder I have that is different is my "hacks", I gave them a different name so I would know where they are, and be able to take them all out at once, and put them back in, one at a time to test them. It could be that you are missing a certain mesh for what isn't showing up.

I stalk...... oh no, I mean I worship the Hack_Mastah, Squinge :worship:
Diantha Lafurre

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2007, 03:56:41 pm »

Hmm, what hacks/mods are you using? If you don't mind me asking that is. I'm just trying to figure out if there's a common problem. I have noticed that I seem to be missing a lot of the meshes for clothing/hair and things like that. Though, I noticed that Warlokk's bodies aren't working. And I was under the impression that those came with meshes and everything..

Frog_Man

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2007, 04:52:15 pm »

You don't need hacks.mods to use subfolders if that is what you mean.
Diantha Lafurre

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2007, 05:26:19 pm »

Hehe, I know you don't need any hacks or mods to use subfolders. What I was trying to figure out is why some of my items work fine in subfolders, and some of them won't work at all regardless of whether or not they're in subfolders or directly in the Downloads folder itself. Typically, I can get objects and whatnot to work, but not skins and such.

Diantha Lafurre

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2007, 05:44:36 pm »

Okay.. eh.. I must be completely daffy. I was just looking for a picture I took the other day.. and noticed an EA Games>The Sims 2>Downloads folder in My Documents. Now, all the threads I've read have people saying to put the Downloads folder there. I also have one in My Computer>Program Files>EA Games>Sims 2>Downloads and that's quite huge. What I'd like to know is if I start moving files from the Program Files download folder to the My Documents download folder, will they show up in my game as intended? Sorry for the double post by the way! x.x

Micco

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2007, 11:04:37 am »

They should show up if your game can use them.

Also, when you are putting things in subfolders, make sure that you don't put meshes into the subfolders as most require that they are in the main downloads folder to be used. In addition there are some build mode items that must remain in the main folder as well but recolors, skins, makeup, etc can all be subfoldered.

Woohoo U is now CLOSED.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: