Insimenator.org
May 09, 2024, 08:21:06 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Recolors not wanted to pack with lot... Why???  (Read 4162 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Margierytka

View Profile WWW
« on: March 11, 2007, 05:20:05 pm »

One question - I have a problem. And I have installed Saesons and 6.0 CEP from MTS2. But recolours of original maxis's objects not wanted to pack for Sims2Pack. Recolors of creator's meshes pack without problems.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2007, 05:33:41 pm by Margierytka » Logged

Dinki

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2007, 09:29:16 am »

Cześć Margierytko, mam ten sam problem Smiley

I have the same problem. I made this Daisy house and when it was tested, it occured that there were no recolors of maxis stuff in the sims2pack. I uploaded it anyway, with a notice that some stuff from pics was not included, but I`d like to know what, why and how to fix it Cheesy

I guess that`s the new surprise from maxis... last time it was including meshes in sims2packs, now no recolors... pfffft, stupid me, I believed seasons were better :smt104
« Last Edit: March 12, 2007, 09:42:31 am by Dinki » Logged

Won't you come into the garden?
I would like my roses to see you.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Margierytka

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2007, 10:52:50 am »

Quote from: Dinki;623630

I guess that`s the new surprise from maxis... last time it was including meshes in sims2packs, now no recolors... pfffft, stupid me, I believed seasons were better :smt104

I think that it's a really surprise from EA Games. New politics of EA Games marketing - they end to free use of maxis's objects.
"If you want new objects in the game - make new 3D objects".

My recipes:

Now, I will upload 2 files - .rar with Sims2Pack and .rar with recolours.
1.I install finished lot in "clean" game and my catalog with recolours.

2.I enter in my lot and I throw out slowly needless recolours in game.

3.I pack one more time my lot and  decreased catalog with recolours.  

4.Both I upload on a forum.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2007, 11:08:31 am by Margierytka » Logged

Micco

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2007, 11:13:30 am »

It is best to include as little custom content in your files as possible. Instead, provide a link to the content and allow the user to download them themselves should they choose to. Most creators of content do not want you publishing their files with yours.

Woohoo U is now CLOSED.
Margierytka

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2007, 11:39:01 am »

Ohhh. One moment. I want included my custom recolors, not other creators. If I use mesh and recolors other creators I have got permission or they allow on redistribution. Never, I not used unredistribution objects.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2007, 11:45:03 am by Margierytka » Logged

Micco

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2007, 11:50:18 am »

I see now; that sucks. I just looked at a backup file that I packed last night and it seems that objects and object recolors are included but not floors and walls. It does indeed seem that you will have to include your created CC as a separate file to be extracted to the users dl folder after downloading.

As much as a pain in the behind that it will be, I must say that it extracted a lot less unneeded files than it used to and the file was much smaller; an interesting trade-off.

Edit: It gets weirder: I just packed it again and it included my walls and floors. Can't wait to see what it does when I am done with it.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2007, 12:01:34 pm by Micco » Logged

Woohoo U is now CLOSED.
Jenna
Queen of Spamming
Admin

Who farted?

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2007, 03:01:32 pm »

I've noticed this peculiar behaviour myself. This afternoon I went to pack up a lot, and it only packed up the floors. Second time I tried, just the walls and floors. Third time it packed up the plant recolors, and the walls; but no floors.

...this is just bizarre.

Quote from: Engram
Jenna and I make cute babbiez! LOL
Quote from: Isadora
Great, another night of chicken chair typing.
Dinki

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2007, 03:03:22 pm »

Sis, stop posting before me Tongue I wanted to say something smart... now what?
« Last Edit: March 12, 2007, 03:09:11 pm by Dinki » Logged

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Jenna
Queen of Spamming
Admin

Who farted?

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2007, 03:07:42 pm »

Shush, Sis, and stop spamming Tongue

Quote from: Engram
Jenna and I make cute babbiez! LOL
Quote from: Isadora
Great, another night of chicken chair typing.
Dinki

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2007, 03:12:03 pm »

Said master spammer :rofl:

Quote from: Micco;623745
As much as a pain in the behind that it will be, I must say that it extracted a lot less unneeded files than it used to and the file was much smaller; an interesting trade-off.

I don`t care about that, cause I`m used to repackage my lots to get rid of junk that USED to be packaged with it. Ugh... *shakes head like her spammer Sis*
« Last Edit: March 12, 2007, 03:16:10 pm by Dinki » Logged

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Micco

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2007, 06:19:04 pm »

Quote from: Comicalmuse;623930
I've noticed this peculiar behaviour myself. This afternoon I went to pack up a lot, and it only packed up the floors. Second time I tried, just the walls and floors. Third time it packed up the plant recolors, and the walls; but no floors.

...this is just bizarre.
It gets better: I pulled out what furnishings I had in it, put an '04 Dodge Pickup in the driveway, saved, exited and packaged. It removed all the furniture that I had removed, added every recolor I had of the truck and additionally added every chimney recolor that I had tried, toyed with and scrapped 4 fireplaces ago.

I think it is becoming self-aware and is learning how to be a screw-up all over again. :glasses1:

Woohoo U is now CLOSED.
Margierytka

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2007, 03:37:00 am »

Look this http://bbs.thesims2.ea.com/community/bbs/messages.php?threadID=e6c413d31aa41eb0088ac0691abd6887&directoryID=2&startRow=1&openItemID=item.2,item.43,item.61,item.104,item.41,item.127,item.23#cf9c2b870c52f782b694a2934cc134a9

It's irritating...

BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2007, 07:46:14 am »

it is yet another instance of inadequate Quality Assurance testing prior to release.  I am surprised anyone even bothers to complain at this point.  The bugs are there, we complain, they release a bug-fix patch that does more damage than good, we complain more, repeat cycle six or seven times, finally they get it close to right.

Lately I have taken to ONLY using the base game installer by Numenor for items I want to share.

"There is a certain elegance in wasting time. Any fool can waste money, but when you waste time you waste what is priceless."
-- Maugham, W. Somerset. Ashenden: Or the British Agent.
tylersada

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2007, 09:09:04 am »

This was an issue beginning with PETs.. As soon as I installed pets I was no longer able to include my custom content with lots.  I make the assumption that EA didn't want it uploaded to the exchange and disabled the ability.  Custom meshes however are included.  Doesn't make sense to me but there it is.

Sims Mommy
Micco

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2007, 10:41:47 am »

You can't include your content (unless it's walls and floors) but it will include everyone else's; unless they find a way for it to copy your credit card numbers and add those to the file, I don't think it is possible for them to screw it up more than it is now. Too bad lynching is illegal...

Woohoo U is now CLOSED.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: