Insimenator.org
May 03, 2024, 06:52:55 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Community Lot Cooks Not Appearing?  (Read 1492 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Dunner

View Profile
« on: March 12, 2007, 10:04:27 am »

I finally visited my first community lot since installing Seasons, a restaurant. The waiter & hostess showed up fine, but there was no cook at the stove.

When I ordered food, the waiter "waited" (haha) a few sim minutes, and food just appeared at the stove and he went to pick it up! I can shift-click on the stove to force an error, choose Reset, and it will cause a cook to generate as normal.

I have the OFB home shop collection and I placed a restaurant stove on a home lot, and the cook showed up fine. I saved the lot, returned and she was still there, so it's just with community lots when the glitch occurs.

I was playing the game without any hacks/mods at the time of playing, because I've got them removed, testing for other conflicts. lol

<('_'<) <('_')> (>'_')>
Knukleur

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2007, 10:06:07 am »

I've had this problem once in a while since Seasons also. While the chef is missing, sometimes the food just appears on the table without the waiter bringing it.  On the plus side, the waiters hadn't been clearing dirty dishes for a long time and with Seasons they seem to be doing this again. I'm a little suspect about my safety procedures maybe contributing to this, as I often put a University fire sprinkler over the chef's stove on the custom restaurants I build; perhaps there's a conflict there with the restaurant range because the sprinkler is meant to be used over the dormitory range?  I don't know whether community lot restaurants ever have fires anyway.

"I'm not animated to do that!"
   Brak, Space Ghost Coast to Coast
MissDoh

Back for more!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2007, 01:39:23 pm »

I had that problem too, my solution is to go edit the community lot, delete the stove and the restaurant podium and place new ones.

It should be back to normal after that.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: