Insimenator.org
May 04, 2024, 03:36:08 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Problems w/ Seasons Mailbox Hack  (Read 1759 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
trekkiemom3950

View Profile
« on: March 19, 2007, 05:16:52 pm »

Ever since I took off my old mailbox hack and put the Seasons updated version of the mailbox hack, now it doesnt work right. It used to do stuff like 'make all happy' and 'make friends for me'. I was told that was the testing cheat...how do I get it back. It was working fine until I did the updated seasons version. Help!

I tried a cheat code someone told me to put in but it did NOT work! :sad4:

Children seldom misquote you. In fact, they usually repeat word for word what you shouldn't have said.
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2007, 08:01:47 pm »

Trekkie, if you use that cheat I gave you and Shift-click on the mailbox, it should work just fine, unless you've replace the mailbox with a custom one.
trekkiemom3950

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2007, 03:38:46 pm »

Well I dont have to worry about it now...I cant play the game period. Somehow when I tried to uninstall and reinstall the game, I did something wrong & now I cant play. I got all the expansion packs uninstalled and went to take off the base game so I could reinstall and start over, but when I tried to take off the base sims 2 game, it said 'you currently have 1 or more expansion packs installed, you must remove them before uninstalling Sims 2. The problem is... I DID take off ALL expansion packs I have but it still said that. :blob6: Im just so frustrated so I'll have to wait until I can fix *my* computer and start over, withOUT the mods. I think the mods are my problem...Ive had this same problem and in every case I downloaded mods. This is not to say all of them are bad, but some must cause a conflict and this is the result. *sigh* Thanks.

Children seldom misquote you. In fact, they usually repeat word for word what you shouldn't have said.
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2007, 06:04:46 pm »

Things are about to get technical here.
1.  From the Start button, choose Run, then type in regedit.
2.  Look for in the Registry Editor that opens, navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\EA GAMES.  AS you've uninstalled the base game and all expansion packs, there should be nothing listed under EA GAMES, and I'm guessing EA GAMES isn't even there unless you have other EA Games.  That is if you used the Uninstall feature off the Start Menu or within the Control Panel.  If you just deleted everything with Windows Explorer, this tree will be fully populated.
3.  Delete all entries for The Sims 2 under EA GAMES.

4.  While we are here, go to the Electronic Arts\EA Games tree.  Again the base game and expansion packs will be in this tree.  Before you delete these, check to make sure you have all the codes needed to install everything all over again.  If not, drill down in each entry to the ergc listing.  On the right window you'll see REG_SZ (Type) and an entry (Data).  That data is the code you need to reinstall your games.  Write that down someplace safe (I've got mine on the CD itself).

After you've deleted these entries, you should be able to reinstall everything.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: