Insimenator.org
May 02, 2024, 10:06:36 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7
  Print  
Author Topic: Why r Sims so stupid ?  (Read 32718 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
tngrspacecadet

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: June 14, 2007, 07:31:56 am »

Quote from: xoxk9;655026
Well my sims aren't as dumb as I thought they were. Once I left free will on after filling the house with essentials and getting them a job, then I decided to sit back and watch. I thought they would be dead within the hour, but to my surprise they lasted a week and then I got bored of them not entertaining me so I exited.

no you should do the asylum challenge, with 8 sims and not enough beds and so on, it is very funny!!

and yes, my aspiration really is grilled cheese :tongue8:
jadesstar

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 17, 2007, 05:55:11 am »

I want to know why nannies insist on getting bottles out of the fridge until they actually hand it to the toddler. Apparently putting it on the floor is not good enough for nannies. I've had several get up to three bottles for a toddler, even though the toddler has started sucking on the first one the nanny laid down.

Squinge came up with a hack that stopped Sims most annoying habit (IMO). I couldn't get my adults/teens to do anything but hold the dang baby. They kept going into the baby's room, picking it up, feeding it, playing with it or just standing there with it in their arms. Poor child couldn't get any rest. I had to lock the door to keep them out.
KacoshiAjewl

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 17, 2007, 09:54:34 am »

Oi I know that one jade my legacy family wont leave the youngest boy alone who is still a baby. I finaly gave up on getting them to stop and ingnored the one who was doind it he finaly got hungry and put the kid down ON THE FLOOR!!!! the crib was right next to him >,>

"You told me today...that the demons are the good ones...then why do the angels try so hard to be good?"
"They say Angels are perfict...well I dont belive that Propganda spread by there leader the Dark witch..."
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 17, 2007, 10:25:11 am »

Quote from: jadesstar;779177
I couldn't get my adults/teens to do anything but hold the dang baby. They kept going into the baby's room, picking it up, feeding it, playing with it or just standing there with it in their arms. Poor child couldn't get any rest. I had to lock the door to keep them out.

I'm sure my neighbors are making "she's crazy" gestures to each other because I'm always screaming "Leave the damn baby alone!" At my computer. (I have no kids) LMAO

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
jjsmith

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: June 17, 2007, 12:24:14 pm »

i hate when my toddlers are about to pass out AND crap themselves from playing with the toys too long. i've got inge's bottle for them and a nice little hack from twojeffs to make sure they're not disturbed on the potty, but the annoying little brats just keep on playing till they're in the red.

The AA needs you
don't take life too seriously. you never get out of it alive :tongue5:http://iratebermy.tripod.com/
Chinami

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 25, 2007, 02:16:35 pm »

Well the point is to control your sim which you can by turning free will off! But if you desire to see your sims go out side while its freezing or go into the hotub when its summer you can keep it on. But yes, Sims are VERY stupid...
chocholady90009

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 27, 2007, 09:18:00 am »

this stuff is really funny i to am a sim adict but alsa sims is only a game made by only men as smart as the game itself. the whole game amazes me i know that the whole game is nothing but codes. It is just that the ppl that do the coding still have to be one smartcookie. the little dumb things they do keep the game interisting..
Sam the T-man
Formerly known as Sadie

On hiatus from Insim

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 27, 2007, 12:19:09 pm »

What I find really wacked out is the jealousy system. Not only does it kick in for sims that have a crush on each other, but I've had a couple of instances where the sim in question wasn't even in the same room, storming all the way over from the other side of the lot just to slap the "cheating" sim when all they had was a crush. It was a romance sim who was jealous too, which is even more ridiculous ¬_¬

Thankfully I won't have to endure that any more *happily pats Smonaff's committed only mod*

No requests please
verenaheu

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 27, 2007, 01:01:01 pm »

I have to admit that I´m much to dominant to give them their free will, mostly they do the things that I tell them. But yesterday my sim got up in the middle of the night, I just sat there and stared, and he had this fitness attack, when he reaches a new fitness level and admires his swell muscles, and I just thought,
oh, you little brat, you´re just right back at the punching bag...angry
jadesstar

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 27, 2007, 06:19:34 pm »

Quote from: caffeinated.joy;779455
I'm sure my neighbors are making "she's crazy" gestures to each other because I'm always screaming "Leave the damn baby alone!" At my computer. (I have no kids) LMAO

:laughing::laughing:

My husband used to give me crazy looks when I would do that too. I still occasionally yell at the computer screen, but he's learned to ignore me now.
Carinthe

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 28, 2007, 01:23:17 pm »

Quote from: SmoothOperator;654530
its just a game...i think ur lookin too much into it..if it wasnt so bizarre it wouldnt be any fun
people do things that are waaaaaaay dumber in real life
this thread for example:coffee:

I take my sims very serious. Sometimes I get so angry because of their stupidity, that I run away from the game.

How many times doesn't it happen that just before the bus comes to get the kid to school, it throws a new quarter in the arcade. I can live with that, because they are kids right?

What I really really really hate is when a neighbour comes to vist but refused to accept to be welcomed, because there suddenly is some fluff on her shoulder. On top of that the greeting sim completely forgets why she is out in the freezing cold and just stand staring into a blank.

You just can't order a sim and go to an other part of the house. They will use the slightest excuse to completely forget what they were supposed to do.
Arabian_Cat

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 28, 2007, 06:44:43 pm »

That's why I always turn free will off...strangely enough it comes back on!

janellieee

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 28, 2007, 09:16:46 pm »

My teen girl once just decided to get naked and streak. Through her own home. Her brother and father were home. So, she runs up to her brother and starts dancing. Naked. He makes this disgusted face and she runs off and stops RIGHT in front of pops and dances. STILL NAKED. He just stares in shock until she runs away (still naked) into the street where the bus pulls up. I mean, can you be much more of a creep/idiot/freak? But, I have to say, I lol'd. (o:
Tomkat

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 05, 2007, 08:43:21 am »

Nannies must be one of the most annoying things ever coded for the game... I HATE THEM!!! They never arrive when they need to, instead of (example) 8AM they arrive at 01:00AM WTF?? They keep making these elaborate deserts (that no one eats) confiscate the bathrooms for their personal 'needs' and stay in there for hours, refuse to leave when you fire/dismiss them, only on the 6th try usually... Overfeed babies with 10 000 000 bottles strewn everywhere and refuse to pick them up...  UGH!!
ANd why is it necessary to phone a nanny when there are non-resident (family)adults on the lot? (Ex: grandma comes over to visit, mom goes off to work, dad's dead.... who look after little billy? a batty nanny! Apparently his loving granny isn't motherly enough...??)

The mind boggles.
Nita-Chan

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 06, 2007, 09:35:07 am »

OMG, Tomkat, I totally agree that nannies SUCK!  My brother hired a nanny, who didn't take care of his kid, burned his kitchen down, and when he didn't have enough money to pay for her "services," she "took" the rest of his burnt kitchen as "payment". xD!

Oh, dumb things my Sims do, right.

My lady-sim has been asked out by the same guy three times, which I didn't know could happen; I thought you had to ask THEM out.  Apparently not! :0  Anyway, so they're like, making out, woo-hooing in their car, and daddy-dearest walks by.  What does he do?  Strikes up a conversation with the guy.  About what, you ask?  Why, his son's graduation, of course! XD

Another stupid thing:  my babies will NOT grow up.  I mean, I get the parents to go over and help them with it, like you have to, but it doesn't work! D;  They stand there like, "HURRR, LET'S GET CHUU A BOTTLE, EVEN THOUGH YOU'VE HAD 15 ALREADY.  -feed-"  It's three days later that they help the baby grow up on their own. :?  That's why I always have free-will on. xD

More dumb things.  I have stupid sims. xD!  I left the house on free-will for about twenty minutes (RL minutes), and come back to see that 6 out of 8 of my Sims have died of starvation and left a burning kitchen in their wake.  Um, I figured SOMEONE would be smart and NOT leave their TV dinner in the stove while they took a shower.  The whole lot was on fire when I came back.

Oh, and to everyone that says they yell at their monitors when they play:  LAWL, U SUK.  Just kidding.  I do that too.  But it's not at my Sims, it's at build mode. xD;;  It just doesn't work with me.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7
  Print  

Jump to: