Insimenator.org
May 02, 2024, 12:09:08 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7
  Print  
Author Topic: Why r Sims so stupid ?  (Read 32726 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
JudeMG

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: November 07, 2007, 04:11:09 pm »

I love this thread. Smiley

I know this was mentioned before, but WHY is there such an obsession with babies and toddlers? When I want them to feed the kids or put them to bed on their own, or just play with them, they ignore them. But when the kid's energy is in the red, and I've directed them to put him in the crib, and he's trying to sleep, here they come again to drag the kid out of bed to...what? Put him on the freakin' FLOOR!! So you have them put the kid in the crib again, and here comes another one, to get him out. What's with that?? I've learned that I have to make sure to have another obsessive activity lined up for them like studying something or playing on the computer after they put the kid in the crib so that they're not bothering the poor exhausted thing five seconds after they put him to bed. Oh, and if you *don't* want them to put the toddler to bed because he needs to use the potty first -- there they are, lined up to pick him up. And I just keep canceling them, one by one, over and over. And yes, yelling at the game while I do it! "ARGHH!!! LET THE KID ALONE!!!"

And I hate that it's gotten to the point where I don't want to put a piano or other musical instrument in the houses I build because the sims never stop playing them if I have them there. I've already hacked my game to bits to stop them from the constant water balloon fights (in winter, no less), pillow fights, and the endless "red hands" competitions. Why do they get so obsessed with certain activities? It's so annoying!

And yes, I hate the nannies. The first sim I ever purposely killed was a nanny because she never did anything other than hang around in the hot tub all day in her disgusting saggy swimsuit. She was totally useless.

Which brings me to the gardeners -- the female ones seem to uniformly suck. They don't do half the things that need to get done, and a few times I've had them come to one of my lots and go, "Your plants are in beautiful condition! No need for me today!" or some such thing, and there are WEEDS all over the place! That's when they aren't whining or yelling, "Earlagonda!!" because something isn't where they think it should be.

I hate the Sims. So why am I so addicted?
MaryH

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 07, 2007, 05:09:08 pm »

Actually, with the help of JM Pescado's "Eye of Pescado", the baby care thing is easier-although they do pile up on things, and you still have to keep them busy. It does make me uncomfortable when they put the baby on the floor, even though I've read where it doesn't do any harm to the baby..although in real life, you'd get put in jail for child abuse, quick!
As for nannies, I've had pretty good luck with mine-one house even has round-the-clock nannies, and they don't all go into the swimming pool. They do their job and then leave. It's those maids you gotta watch out for, always hanging around and looking for some excitement.
I hate the weeds, though..they pop up everywhere.
By the way, MATY does have a "no-whine" hack that eliminates alot of the whining that the Sims do when they're really being aggravated.

erica_jean698

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 07, 2007, 05:54:02 pm »

:laughing:  This thread is so funny!

I have a good one that annoys the hell out of me.   Champagne at weddings.  Now you would think that a wedding would be a perfect place for champagne.  Not at all, because if there is champagne present those blasted sims with toast themselves in peeing everywhere every time!  One toast is nice, but I had this one sim once toasting the marrying couple like 6 times in a row.  Everyone kept joining in and drinking and soon just about everyone had an accident on the lawn.  The wedding was ruined.  

Still though I've got to give Sims some credit.  I've condemned a few to die for various reasons a few times.  I sought to accomplish this through neglect.  I figured if I left them alone they would be dead a few hours.  Not so, somehow they usually manage to keep on going.  Sure their aspiration drops into the red and they go mad, but at least they are alive!

Speaking of which, that's another annoyance I have.  Wouldn't it be wonderful if want they did autonomously actually coincided with what they want?  For example if they want to go swimming in the ocean, why, why do they build a sandcastle instead, mere yards away from the big blue sea?  

But I love them and I love the game.  No matter how bored I get, something unexpected always happens and completely renews my interests.  I just can't help it. Wink

(1st) Picture Perfect (2nd) The Amazing Race (3rd) Model Swap
Why Lie

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 09, 2007, 10:08:08 am »

My sims just WANT to be struck by lightning 24/7.

Also one of my old games my sim had twins, then managed to set the house on fire.. so she and the father ran out of the house with the twins and LEFT them on the side in the rain and every time i told them to bring the kids back in they went off to do something else..
abaris

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 09, 2007, 03:22:14 pm »

Quote from: Why_Lie;1024533
My sims just WANT to be struck by lightning 24/7.

Also one of my old games my sim had twins, then managed to set the house on fire.. so she and the father ran out of the house with the twins and LEFT them on the side in the rain and every time i told them to bring the kids back in they went off to do something else..

Don't get me started on the very special fire moronism. I always wondered what this fascination with fire is all about. It renders the "make emergency call" function of the phone pretty much useless, since they're rather burning to death watching and hopping like drag queens in dispair, than dial for the fire fighters.

My very first Sim surprised me with burning to a cinder preparing his first meal in the house. What's more, if he's dead, the  fire comes with the house. The next family I moved into the same lot was burning too once they had moved in.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2007, 03:27:01 pm by abaris » Logged
BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #65 on: November 10, 2007, 08:32:22 am »

fire was bad enough in the first iteration of The Sims; but in The Sims 2 it is an arsonist's wet dream.  The games were inspired by Will Wright's real-life experience of having a house-fire and the stages and steps of resuming life and buying all the needed things... he obviously needs more than a little therapy since he passed his emotional damage into The Sims, then the disaffected jades on the dev team for The Sims 2 felt the need to make the fire "better".

"There is a certain elegance in wasting time. Any fool can waste money, but when you waste time you waste what is priceless."
-- Maugham, W. Somerset. Ashenden: Or the British Agent.
Iary

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: November 14, 2007, 01:15:23 pm »

Ah,this thread gave me good lulz :lol:
Well,they are computer generated pixels,i'll be damn if my Sims finally find their way around the couch on their own without having to wave their arms at me everytime they are 'stuck' behind them.

:smt120
Sam the T-man
Formerly known as Sadie

On hiatus from Insim

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: November 14, 2007, 09:03:15 pm »

What about the diagonal walls? angry Damn, the amount of times my sims will get "stuck" behind one when they can easily walk around it...

No requests please
Why Lie

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: November 16, 2007, 06:13:33 pm »

I've not had a stuck sim behind a wall yet, But i have had one stuck between two chairs before, all i did was tell him (to the screen) that if he was stupid enough to do that I wasn't gonna let him out, in the end he wet himself so i let him out.
dobydog

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: November 19, 2007, 08:32:42 pm »

Thank God for the various hacks that the very talented creators have supplied us with. I would have uninstalled NL without the clear vampire skins, and without inteenimater and insimenator I would have become very bored with the game when I first got it!

'No telephone calls today, all my friends gone away. When you're out of fashion it's a lonely price to pay.'
Oh Funny Man, Sex Gang Children
Why Lie

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: November 21, 2007, 11:20:54 am »

When i first started playing without downloads i DID get bored with it very very easily, But now i can play ion it for hours and not realize it..

I now have the problem of them going around the house just to get to something that is right in front of them...  and the  "LEAVE THE BABY ALONE" Is a classic for me.  too bad sometimes people think i'm talking about my baby though :|
Sam the T-man
Formerly known as Sadie

On hiatus from Insim

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: November 21, 2007, 03:34:16 pm »

I don't mind them going to feed the babies, saves me a job Wink Everything else though, like the visitor who wouldn't put the baby down despite him/her (can't remember which) really needing seeing to, I ended up using a controller hack so I could get her to put the baby back in the cot >_< I wish they wouldn't grab the toddlers when they were tired too - that's what I got the mats for, let them get in themselves and eat something before you starve to death! Sheesh... :roll:

No requests please
Bev in NY

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: November 26, 2007, 11:04:09 pm »

Boy!! u guys r great I am glad that u r all having fun with this thread...So I want to help a little with the baby, toddler problem that is going on or at least what I have found....If u have "Seasons" it is setup that with each season there is something special about it...Spring is for Love so romantic encounters r greater...Summer is for friends...so they increase at a faster rate....Fall has the little leaves swirling around the skill bar...so u learn faster....and last winter is for Family and I have noticed the whole family bounds more at this time including the dog or cat they seem to want attention more then also...So the holding the baby thing and everyone with the que to put them to bed at the same time seems to b greater during this season...and trying to get them to do something else and cancel the que is very difficult....As for the ones who say they r yelling at their screens saying leave the damn baby alone...I do the same thing. I've had a few visitors say bye and leave while holding my baby and i'm yelling hey where u going with my baby, next i see the baby reappear on the sidewalk....I mean how rude to just walk off with my baby.
I know I've read that even a parent has taken a baby to work before...LOL  this has happened to me also and even with a puppy....the day the mother took the baby to work kind of ticked me off cuz I still got charged by the Nanny who was there to take care of my baby and she just sat around all day   watching TV and playing chess or swimming in my pool.
I thought of something else that happened to me that was real strange...I had my sim marry Mortimer Goth and then decided to move them to a house I downloaded that I love by the way..."The Jana House by Dinki on here" submits plug for Dinki's creativeness..LOL  Well Alexander was a teenager and I planned to move him back to the Goth house eventually as he is the male heir...well I didn't know if I moved them out if the family graves would still be there when I moved him back in or not....so I didn't want to lose them so i put them in Alexander's inventory...Well when we all moved to The Jana house and I released the pause button...I couldn't believe what happened everyone of them graves was lined up on the sidewalk just like my family....So i checked  Alexander's inventory to see if some how they fell out during the move....then the other shock came.....in his inventory all the tombstones were still there....Then i cracked up laughing cuz i thought it was so funny that the dead follow u when u move....Weird or what....I didn't know what to do cuz i didn't want to have the graves be gone so i could never have Alexander take them back to The Goth house where they belong and i certainly didn't want to save them in his inventory and have double of them...it was bad enough having the first set wandering around haunting the lot. and i wasn't sure if it would mess up my game somehow so i deleted the ones on the sidewalk and I haven't checked yet to see if the graves in the inventory will still work...i was playing the land lubber challenge but when i go back i will see what happens and let u guys know....BTW if u leave a grave on a lot when u move will it still b there when u move back or if another family moves in?

BEV
digni7y

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: November 27, 2007, 05:06:32 pm »

Bev in NY-To my knowledge it'll be sold with the rest of the family's stuff so no.

I also scream at the family to "leave the damn baby alone!!!" It doesn't matter if the kid is asleep on Atavera's hacked blanket. No, the entire family has to run over, wake the kid up and put him in the crib and completely ignore him when he's screaming to be let out.

Oh yes, the Sims who are in aspiration failure who do the time wasting desperation actions. You know, rocking the flour sack baby, romancing the mop, etc. They annoy.

Oh! The bed making actions! If the kids are starving they go to get the food waiting on the table. But they scream and stomp if someone gets to their plate first. If I don't X out the action to make the bed, they will walk aaaaaaaaalllll the way across the house, upstairs and to their room to make the bed.

And the sims who have to go aaaaaaaaaallll the way upstairs with the toddler to use the tub in the farthest corner of the lot when the sim who's holding them is starving and needing to pee so badly. No, because bathing the kid is way more important than not peeing yourself. Idiots.

This isn't a sim problem, but an annoyance-the elevators break more often than the sinks or toilets or showers do. And even if the elevator is only on one floor for woohoo purposes, they still scream and get the memory of "plummeting" when it breaks..

*Digni7y's Sims*

Like my cat icon? It's available at Sushi Cat!
Sam the T-man
Formerly known as Sadie

On hiatus from Insim

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: November 28, 2007, 08:36:32 am »

:oogle: ... *goes off to graveyard to grab Squinge's no elevator plummet*

I'm grateful for the stop waving/whining hacks for that very reason.

No requests please
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7
  Print  

Jump to: