Insimenator.org
May 11, 2024, 10:51:03 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: about half my sims dont have a body skin  (Read 3546 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
huffy15

View Profile
« on: March 29, 2007, 02:21:24 pm »

hi, ive never posted here before but i like a lot of the downloads and i figured if anyone can help me, its the people here. i did something really stupid last night. i was trying to get rid of custum stuff i didnt want, and decided i didnt like the custom skin that about half my sims were existing in. i had downloaded default replacement skins, and for some reason i stupidly assumed that if i deleted the unwanted custom skin, the sims would all appear in default skins...LOL! so, now about half my sims in all 4 of my neighborhoods and their subneighborhoods (i have all the eps, but not the stuff packs) are essentially ruined. no, i never backed them up. at first glance, the sims appear to have skin when in clothes, only their heads dont match the bodies. when the sims are getting into showers, the bodies dissappear completely and all i see is their head ROFL. so, am i going to have to delete sims that ive had for 3 years and all their decendants (or however long the games been around now), or is their a way i can set all sims to have default skins, considering we are talking about around 100 sims, possibly more? im hoping i didnt just destroy half my sims, because that would actually ruin about 90% of my families. i cant find that old custom skin again to download either, ive already tried.

And if the cloud bursts, thunder in your ear
You shout and no one seems to hear.
AdmiralAeris

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2007, 02:51:59 pm »

Try the Custom Skintone Changer here:

http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=203624 (some users have problems with this in Seasons though)

Or (if no Seasons) you could perhaps try SimSurgery through SimPE to change your sim's skintone genetics.

Beauty comes in many forms... not all of which are visible
huffy15

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2007, 03:02:40 pm »

i have seasons. just recently got it and i dont really have a whole lot of hacks, other than the new insim version 2.6 and some of squinges ep5 mods, but i have a bunch of custom objects and careers that havent given me any problems. i didnt think that simpe was compatible with seasons, plus i have no clue how to do the simsurgery and it would have to be done to about 100 sims. what kind of problems can this other skin selector hack cause with seasons? it says its incompatible with inteenimator but i dont have that since its not updated...

AdmiralAeris

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2007, 03:18:29 pm »

The custom skintone selector just doesn't seem to work for some players with Seasons (as in select a skintone they have and no change) -- and as far as I know SimPE hasn't been updated for Seasons (I suggested that as a non-Seasons option)

I'm not really sure what can be done in this situation as a Seasons player...

Beauty comes in many forms... not all of which are visible
huffy15

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2007, 03:41:42 pm »

well if the only bad side effects of the skintone selector is it just not working then i will give it a shot and see what happens. thanks for your help by the way, i was pretty sure i destroyed most of my sims, so hopefully this will work.

trl

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2007, 09:28:43 am »

I have never had this happen so I have no idea if this is an option but I was thinking that maybe you could redownload the skintones you deleted and see if that helps. That is if you remember where you got them from. Good luck!

BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2007, 09:33:31 am »

there is a thing that occurs that I can't determine the origin of -- the game somehow gets confused about where textures are.  try reducing the number of downloads, in some cases this resolves the problem.

"There is a certain elegance in wasting time. Any fool can waste money, but when you waste time you waste what is priceless."
-- Maugham, W. Somerset. Ashenden: Or the British Agent.
huffy15

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2007, 03:22:16 pm »

i cant find the textures to redownload that i deleted, that is the problem, otherwise i would have just put them back in whether i wanted them or not. the skin selector object seems to work with seasons installed as far as providing the sims that are messed up with a false skin so that they appear to have a skin. Unfortunately, the babies are unable to use the object for some reason even when i make them selectable, and for some reason they are missing most of thier heads. they have a face but it can only be seen from the front, and they are missing their cranium. Also, their face is a completely different shade from their body, and if they get their diapar changed they completely dissappear except for the front of their face...
Also, the sims that i can change and give a false skin to still pass down teh missing skin in their genes to any offspring, so even though the parents look fixed, they really arent, and they create headless offspring. Heh, looks like i basically ruined my sims gene pool and can either deal with headless babies and always fixing their skins once they become toddlers, or i can let my long lines (some go back up to 8 generations) just die off and not let my busted sims ever have any more kids. the problem is that i used to use that skin a lot when i first started making sims, and even though only a little over half my sims were using it, probably about 90% of them have it in their genes to pass on, and most of my families have at least one sim with the problem.
As far as reducing my downloads goes, since i know the skin was deleted i dont see how that would help the game find something that doesnt exist, unless it will somehow make the game adopt a replacement skin for all of them, which would be super random and fantastic. i guess my last hope is waiting til simpe is released for seasons and trying to do the gene surgery to any sims i want to breed so they dont pass on the headless baby syndrome, if that is how it even works.
Another problem is that ever since i put in the skin selector, my sims wont automatically age. the aging on cheat doesnt turn aging on and neither does the insiminator. yes, i can manually subtract days from all my sims or just age them whenever but thats not the way i have ever liked to play. i guess ill just mess around with sims that still have their skins on and if the surgery route works when simpe is updated ill consider myself lucky, otherwise ill just delete them all since i dont want to produce headless babbies forever.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2007, 08:42:14 pm by huffy15 » Logged

huffy15

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2007, 09:06:14 pm »

haha kinda creepy looking isnt it?

* Screenshot.bmp (1054.74 KB, 600x450 - viewed 259 times.)

huffy15

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2007, 03:08:36 am »

i found out it wasnt the skin selector causing sims to not age, it was something else.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: