Insimenator.org
May 02, 2024, 06:35:09 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Pulling my Hair out... Please Help...  (Read 1909 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
TheDebofNight

View Profile WWW
« on: April 06, 2007, 02:11:08 pm »

I've scourged the site and looked for all of the topics that pretained to the same thing and tried all of the solutions in them and none of them seemed to work. So I decided before I really did start pulling my hair out I should write and ask and see if I'm not just doing something wrong.

Windows Mode. I've been trying to get my game to run in windows mode for the past week and nothing has worked. I've tried:

-w
-w -r800x600
/w

Always put at the end after the " the the space like everything has said to do, in my most recently installed game version which is Seasons. And still no windows mode.

So does anyone have an suggestions on what I might be doing wrong?

Chronicles of a Former Cammy Do Girl
A Vampire the Masquerade Bloodlines Fanfiction
--------------------------------------
STAR LIGHT STAR BRIGHT
Super Hero's in LAs Vegas?
That's right, will you fight for Light or Dark?
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2007, 02:25:26 pm »

This is the exact target string I've got for Seasons
"C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims 2 Seasons\TSBin\Sims2EP5.exe" -w -r1280x1040
TheDebofNight

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2007, 11:32:24 am »

I tried it with what you posted and went into my game and nothing happened:

So I thought it might be easier to see what I'm doing wrong (because I know it's me lol) if I posted it.

Any ideas from that what the problem might be?

STAR LIGHT STAR BRIGHT
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2007, 01:33:10 pm »

With what you're showing there, if you click on the desktop icon with those properties, Seasons will start running in a window.  

If you can see the TaskBar beneath your Seasons game, you're running in a window.
If you see the little X in the top right corner, you're running in a window.
If you press the Start Key on your keyboard, and you see the Start menu come up over the game, you're running in a window.

If you're sure you aren't running in a window with those parameters in your image, I can't help you.
jase439

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2007, 04:09:48 pm »

It's possible that your 3D card or driver doesn't support windowed operation or your desktop resolution/color-depth is not compatible with the mode you are trying to run.  It's equally possible that Maxis has disabled windowed mode for your video card for graphical compatibility or performance reasons.  This is not an uncommon practice in the game industry as Windowed 3D has traditionally worse than full screen.  You might try changing your desktop to 800x600x16 or 800x600x32 to see if that helps.  If you run with multiple monitors or have a wide screen LCD you might also have problems at this resolution (you might need a 16:9 or 16:10 configuration in that case to run windowed).

"Craaaazy...toys in the attic...I am craaaazy...truly gone fishing...they must have taken my marbles away..."
TheDebofNight

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2007, 11:17:29 am »

After trying it again, I think Jase might be right and it's something to do with my card or my driver. So I'm going to see about getting them updated to where they run better which I needed to do anyway... But thanks for the help Cheesy

STAR LIGHT STAR BRIGHT
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: