Insimenator.org
May 15, 2024, 11:09:34 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Fixing clothes in the wrong categories  (Read 3230 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
mdr916

View Profile
« on: April 07, 2007, 08:29:59 pm »

Does anybody know of a program out there that would help me sort my Sims' clothes into the proper categories? It drives me nuts to see lingerie in the casual, and formal in the casual, and casual in the formal, etc... Please let me know if there's anything out there to help me fix it. The only thing I could think of was Paladin's Place and that's only for objects as far as I can tell.
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2007, 08:55:42 pm »

One way would be to use Bodyshop to clone the clothes in question and set the category the way you want it.  Another way is to use SimPE.
mdr916

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2007, 09:11:20 pm »

I have never used SimPE, I'm working on downloading it now though. Will it, by chance, let me see each thing so I can reassign its category? Or actually, is it simple? I'm a Sim addict, but not always quick with the programs.
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2007, 09:37:47 pm »

No, it's not simple.  From what you say, you may be better off cloning with Bodyshop.
veash

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2007, 10:11:13 am »

Here's a tutorial from MTS2 for recategorizing clothing using SimPe:
http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=87125
mdr916

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2007, 09:22:25 pm »

Oh! That could work. Thank you so much. I'll give these a try.
mdr916

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2007, 10:06:37 am »

I tried that SimPE thing and it wasn't as difficult that I'd thought it would be. The tutorial was very helpful. However, now whenever my sim plans her outfits or shops for new ones, her body is blacked out. Any idea what may have caused this?
veash

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2007, 07:05:43 pm »

Here's a few things to try:

Delete the groups.cach file in My Documents/EAGames/TheSims 2 and if you use Bodyshop, also delete the cigen.package.  These files get corrupted easily when you make alot of changes to your Downloads folder.  They'll regenerate on their own when you run the game/BodyShop.

If that doesn't do the trick then go back to MyDocuments/EAGames/TheSims2and delete the Thumbnails folder.  This will be recreated when you run the game again also.  The game will slow down especially in Create a Family or build mode while the game regenerates the thumbnails, and then go back to normal again.
mdr916

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2007, 09:51:27 pm »

I did what you suggested, I don't use body shop, never been able to get that to work right for me. The problem is still there though, looks worse actually. I've followed all tutorials and instructions step for step...I don't understand why the previews are looking so horribly ugly. My Sim's body is blacked out, and now the clothing 'on the rack' is appearing on a blacked out Sim shape. Does that make sense? Hard to explain. Any other suggestions? I really really appreciate how helpful you all have been...not to mention patient with me.
Auronette

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2007, 02:20:15 am »

Mdr916,

Have you by chance read the comments following the main tutorial on that link?  Post #19 sounds like it may be similar to what you are experiencing and you might want to check it out and see if that might be the cause of your problem.  Here's a link to the page and remember it's post #19.  

MTS2...Tutorial - SimPE ver. 0.46 and Re-categorizing clothing.

Let us know what happens.  I'm curious as I'm about to do a clean up on my clothing folder but got nervious when I read about your problem here.

Good luck!

:clapp: yay...50th post!
« Last Edit: April 17, 2007, 02:27:48 am by Auronette » Logged

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yes, I'd love to share what I've done at other sites. Please don't take it for granted, if you would like to upload my items to other sites, ask me. It may take a little while to get back to you, but you've got a 99.999% chance I'll do i
mdr916

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2007, 09:29:12 pm »

I rechecked everything a couple of times and I have no outside nude files. Everything looked normal in there, but in the game, everything's whacked. It's not something I can't live with, it just makes things much more of a pain in the butt and I have no idea if in the long run it's ruining files and really would like to fix it, if possible.
Auronette

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2007, 01:19:24 am »

Sorry to hear that the link provided no relief for your problem... Sad  Here's a link to a handy tutorial for finding problem files.  It takes a while if you're downloads folder looks like mine, lol, but if you're still looking for things to try, this might help.

MTS2...I have hundreds of files in my downloads folder, how do I find a problem file?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yes, I'd love to share what I've done at other sites. Please don't take it for granted, if you would like to upload my items to other sites, ask me. It may take a little while to get back to you, but you've got a 99.999% chance I'll do i
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: