Insimenator.org
May 05, 2024, 02:16:22 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: invisible objects  (Read 2551 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
nocturna76

View Profile
« on: April 11, 2007, 01:47:16 pm »

hey all, i guess i should be happy that other than an occasional blue screen this is the only problem i'm really having with seasons *knocks on wood* but i figured i'd post just in case someone does know how to fix it:

ok i occasionally buy a maxis object in the game rather than custom :rabbit: , & this never happened with any of them before-the object shows up in the catalog, i buy it, i put it in the house & the characters know it's there, but i can't see it at all..so far this has happened with a counter, a table, a set of chairs & an orchard tree..it's a little weird, it's like having invisible items sitting around the house...anyone know what might be causing this, or how to possibly make 'em show up in-game?

EDIT-ok, now this is starting to get annoying: any objects at all that were newly added with the seasons ep, if i buy ANY of them, they don't show up in the game..

also not showing up are :the ball they play catch with, the fish they catch, the fishing pool they use, the butterflies, the butterfly/lightning bug jars, the penguins, the snowmen, the snow angels, the snowballs they throw, whatever thoughts they are supposed to be having when going to fish show up as some square billboard thing above their heads,...also,  if it's winter i get big patches on the neighborhood screen of this same billboard thing on the landscape...and also, the second i tried to play a new family moving into riverblossom hills, the game crashed while i was waiting on the house to load

i'm getting a little beyond annoyed now, is anyone else having any of these problem?!?
« Last Edit: April 16, 2007, 06:10:30 am by nocturna76 » Logged
Charley

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2007, 03:26:17 am »

What hacks do you have? You might have a conflict, maybe something that isn't compatible with seasons?

Char
xxx

nocturna76

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2007, 01:41:35 am »

this may take a moment, had to cue up the clean installer to find my ton o' hacks in my 12,192 downloads Tongue

abduction pregnancy male & female
abort bed making (which might be responsible for the probs i have with beds when i re-enter lots where sims were sleeping)
anti watch out
anti weather reaction
authorized personnel only
carpool fix
custom skintone selector (added after i had the problem, so not guilty either)
coffee cup hack (which i don't think is workin with seasons anyway)
no wolves allowed sign
deep sleeper by igor & sons
no hire shop employee wants
dont walk away while cooking
fight mrs crumplebottom (which i just removed now, since it runs too slow on community lots for me to ever let my sims go to them anyway)
insimenator 2.6 (of course, but my friend has it too, so i know it's not my culprit)
interact two greet
job ltws for all aspirations (also added after the prob started)
lizz loves hacks (all 4)
lobo nanny
marhis walkbys always (another my friend uses with no problem i believe)
marriage traditional (problem-less friend has this 1 too)
move away from instruments
vampire indoors decay hack (also used by friend)
vampire nighttime decay hack (friend also has no problem with this 1)
never break
no more police crashing parties
no 20k handouts
no gizmo wants
no greek madness
no influence obsession
no teleport puddle (only have this cuz the yellow pee hack won't work without it)
no uni protect
no vanish in dorms
new anti social worker hack
pee standing hack
phone hack talk module
phone line controller
risky woohoo (bed/public/tub) ...(also dunno if this one works with seasons, since i haven't seen it kick in, but it's only meant to work a certain percent of the time, obviously)
vamp kiss more interactions (another my friend uses in seasons without a problem)
sleep on floor at home
woohoo teens 6f ofb (i know it sez ofb but this one does work with both pets & seasons)
yellow pee
skintone selector inteen

this may be related too: when i tried to download the so-called seasons patch, it gave me an error & sed it couldnt read from the disk, or some such nonsense.....so yeah, as you can see, it's a little difficult to figure out which, if any of these could be causin my probs, as i once had a non-hack, just some custom shirt, that actually made the whole game crash when a character wearing it tried to get a job, tell me that makes any sense! Tongue

so yeah, anyone have an idea if any of these are the actual likely culprit?
DecoraChroi
Frigid Witch
Super Mod

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2007, 02:22:13 am »

Nocturna, that is the most I have ever seen anyone use...

1. Remove all your hacks and mods from your downloads folder

2. Run the game and see if everything works fine without custom content

3. Patch your game with the Seasons Patch. You will be prompted with the second disk for the patch installation. If you get an error or are unable to run the game with the cd, chances are your disk may be scratched or it may need to dusted off a bit.

4. Run the game again, play and observe what you are able and not able to do.

5. As tedious as it sounds, you have to add everything back slowly. (Add a hack or two play; observe, exit; etc). Make sure all of your hacks are updated for Seasons. Try not to have so many hacks installed, they can and will conflict with game play.

6. After a period of time you can delete your groups.cache file. The game regenerates the periodically.

"The power to question is the basis of all human progress."
Charley

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2007, 03:56:04 pm »

Also you could put boolprop testingcheatsenabled true and try to force an error, once you have done that, post it here and maybe someone would have a look and will determine what the problem is.

Char
xxx

nocturna76

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2007, 02:20:15 am »

ok, i removed every hack except the 10 or so my friend uses in seasons with no problem...still, all the seasons stuff is still not showing up *sigh*
i tried to use the seasons patch again & got the error again, then followed the error message thru all the steps to figure out what caused it, & in the end it basically told me that it couldn't read from the file body shop.exe.....now is this what could be the root of all these problems i'm having, after all? & if it is, what do i do now?
please tell me i don't have to completely uninstall seasons & reinstall, therefore losing all of my characters, i already had to go thru that with pets Sad
Charley

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2007, 05:10:13 pm »

No you wouldn't lose it all, before uninstalling copy your neighbourhoods folder to another place on your hard drive, then uninstall and reinstall your sims and put the folder back in my documents, ea games, sims 2, neighbourhoods. if it asks you to overwrite the files that are already there click yes, and there you should have you neighbourhoods from before!

Char
xxx

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: