Insimenator.org
May 06, 2024, 03:24:23 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Crashing because of too much downloads?  (Read 2814 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
jegembre

View Profile
« on: April 07, 2007, 04:55:09 pm »

Sup guys, i am wondering, i found this site today, and went bonkers downloading custom stuff for sims 2, they were fine for a while, but at one point i downloaded about 50 things and installed them non stop, without checking how they work ingame like i did at first, now when i try to play, after the intro with the kids dancing i get a crash messege.

is it from constant downloads one after the other?

please reply.
Monshanjik

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2007, 05:04:03 pm »

more likely you have installed something that requires an Expansion Pack you do not have installed.
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2007, 06:09:56 pm »

Sounds like something downloaded for an expansion you don't have, just as Monshanjik said.  Remove all those things you just downloaded and start to reinstall them in limited numbers and try them out before installing more.
jegembre

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2007, 08:15:29 pm »

thanks guys, i still need help though please.

problem is i deleted everything in the downloads folder, and started installing mods little by little (it was a mod set from here that makes it crash)

and now only "build mode" downloads work (walls, floors) but anything i install that is in buy mode (chairs, tables, bars) does not show up in the buy options when i look, i tried many different kinds, is it possible i deleted something that i was not suppose to in the download folder?

please let me know soon, thanks.
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2007, 08:54:01 pm »

Is the folder named Downloads, with the capital "D"?  It should be.
jegembre

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2007, 09:01:48 pm »

Quote from: ancienthighway;669362
Is the folder named Downloads, with the capital "D"?  It should be.

yup, its the Downloads folder, hmm..

i installed some bar sets, which they did not say you need any expansion pack for, and some furniture sets.

what could it be? only things right now showing up is genetic stuff, and buildmode stuff, maybe i should reinstall?
Cathy

Call me Annie

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2007, 09:10:56 pm »

I'd suggest you remove everything you downloaded and install again if you want. It could be a million things...

I used to be Nyxie
veash

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2007, 02:46:00 pm »

You can also try deleting the groups.cache file from My Documents/EAGames/The Sims 2.  It's prone to getting corrupted after dowloading alot of CC.  The game will recreate it the next time you run it.
jegembre

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2007, 05:10:11 pm »

thanks again for the answer guys, just one more question.

its not crashing anymore, i found out it was one file i got from here, a living room set O.o

anyway, as i put stuff back into the Downloads folder, only buildmode stuff is showing up ingame (floors tiles, wallpaper, etc) but anything in buy mode (tables, etc) does not show up, only one thing showed up, a table and chair set, the chair works, but i cannot place the table anywhere, any ideas?

i will redo all the downloads better and see if they work good again.

also, i am trying to figure what exactly what i need to download to get the huge bodybuilder, like the base download, which files exactly are for it?
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2007, 08:45:56 pm »

Make sure you game options are set to display custom content in the catalog.
mikesim2004

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2007, 04:02:26 pm »

yea, this is the only thing I dislike about this game....The Elongated Waiting time! And my 2003 Dell computer can't handle it all, so I hope to get myself a new computer soon...
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: