Insimenator.org
May 09, 2024, 02:08:08 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Another "my game is crashing" post  (Read 1221 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
queenbunnywitch

View Profile
« on: April 26, 2007, 03:32:12 am »

I read through quite a bit of them but I have unanswered questions. First I'll explain whats happening. I haven't tried any other lots because I'm sure this one is the problem. I have a particular lot which i just played last night and purchased some new outfits i downloaded. Afterwards, if i clicked on the dressers the Plan Outfit option had everything except "Everyday". I have a hacked shopping rack that lets you buy clothes, then kicks in to the plan outfit option right after and that still worked so i was able to change outfits. I finished playing and when i tried loading the game tonight the typical application terminating box comes up.

I've read about deleting the groups.cache(i think thats what its called) and it did nothing. I have quite abit of custom content, I saw a post that said to take out what was downloaded more recently so ill probably try that.

I'm worried that if i move a folder with downloads that my sim is using (such as hair i downloaded or worse, custom eyes that i cant just select from "change appearance") since that hair is no longer available, what will happen to my sim? will it dissapear when i reload the game? or will the hair just set back to a maxis default.

I'm sorry if i could have found these answers by searching posts but i promise i really did look..there were just so many yet no one said what happens to sims after content is deleted or moved.
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2007, 08:06:04 am »

You can safely move custom clothes and hair out of the Downloads folder during your search.  The sims will still be alive and well, but just have the EA yuck applied to them.  You'll be able to change them back once you find the problem files.

Eyes and skin tones should be left in the Downloads folder, unless you want to delve into SimPE to reset those later.  Use clean installer to scan the Downloads folder and move or disable your files in question.
queenbunnywitch

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2007, 12:57:34 am »

okay that sounds easy enough. thank you
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: