Insimenator.org
May 01, 2024, 08:22:23 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Flooded Basement  (Read 1382 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
purpleshoes

View Profile
« on: April 27, 2007, 03:21:16 pm »

I made a home with a basement. I had a pool in the basement, and a pond on the front yard. I played the family and then exited a few times, one time when I loaded up the game and played, my sim's basement was flooded. One of my sims went into the basement to swim in the pool, and once their head was in the basement water, they went bald.
Anyone know which one(pool or pond) made this happen?

*attached image removed*
« Last Edit: June 29, 2009, 12:25:31 pm by caffeinated.joy » Logged
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2007, 12:47:41 am »

I'm not sure, but I'm going to hazard a guess and say your pond is too close to your house. It looks to me like the pond intersects the house a bit, and the game is assuming the basement is part of the pond.

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2007, 09:05:45 pm »

Chances are you have a neighborhood that has a "high water table".  If you are using a custom 'hood, the creator in SimCity 4 didn't raise the ground level high enough to allow basements.  Many parts of Bluewater that came with OFB are too low for basements too.
purpleshoes

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2007, 07:30:25 pm »

I guess the pond was too close to the house, because I deleted the pond and made another one farther from the basement, and reloaded the lot, and now the basemeant isn't flooded anymore. Thanks for the help!
 But now I have another question:
 I made a sim that I wanted to be a werewolf. I summoned the Master Wolf, and made my sim have a high relashionship score with him. I summon him every Sim night, and he still won't bite my sim. I really want to my sim to be made a werewolf by the master wolf, is there anything I can do to make him bite my sim?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: