Insimenator.org
May 14, 2024, 07:07:33 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Need Help Restoring Lots  (Read 1385 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Auronette

View Profile
« on: May 18, 2007, 06:49:07 am »

Ok, it's been a little while since I've installed Seasons and I decided to play Pleasantview again and visit my old Sims. So I made a copy of the N001 folder from the backup of My Documents/EA Games that I made prior to the install and I pasted it over the N001 folder in the new EA Games folder and booted up my game.

All is not as expected...  My families appear to all be there, however the lots are all wrong.  For instance, I had made dramatic changes/additions to the Pleasant household during the time I played the family, but when I went onto their lot after the install/pasting of my N001 folder, the house appeared as it had when I first initiated play in that lot.  It's not just the Pleasants, but every other Maxis lot.  Even the ones with custom families.  Is there a way to restore the homes back to the way "I" had them using the folders from my backup or am I out of luck on this one?  :scratch:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yes, I'd love to share what I've done at other sites. Please don't take it for granted, if you would like to upload my items to other sites, ask me. It may take a little while to get back to you, but you've got a 99.999% chance I'll do i
miros1

In Miros We Trust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2007, 06:57:27 am »

Yes.  Delete the N001 folder in your current install and paste the whole thing in from your backup.

When you pasted your folder over the Maxis one, it sort of "merged" the two, which will always give you bad results!

Rose/Miros
Webmaster of the Wooden Simolean
Auronette

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2007, 09:08:00 am »

:oops: Darn those little technicalities!

Everything's back to normal now.  Thanks for your help! Cheesy

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yes, I'd love to share what I've done at other sites. Please don't take it for granted, if you would like to upload my items to other sites, ask me. It may take a little while to get back to you, but you've got a 99.999% chance I'll do i
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: