Insimenator.org
May 11, 2024, 04:21:25 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What happens when a sim dies? / Is there inheritance?  (Read 1796 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
cassiopia

View Profile
« on: May 24, 2007, 02:24:38 pm »

So now that Sims2 have familial relations and all that...I'm wondering if children can inherit property or money once a parent dies. I have a parent set, Oliver and Della, and they're getting to be quite old. They have four children. Will one of those children be able to move into the house? Will all their money be divided equally?

I'd love an answer from anybody who's had a sim die of old age, please

Thanks!
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2007, 02:33:38 pm »

whoever is living in the house when they die will still live there. If their the only ones living there, then the house will go "up for sale", and one of the kids will be able to buy it.

Inheritances. Sims related to them will get money, but it depends on a few things; what the elderly sim's aspiration level is at when they die (the higher the better) and what the relationship levels are with their kids. Obviously, the kids who have a better relationship score with their parents will inherit more.

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
cassiopia

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2007, 02:51:15 pm »

Perfect, that's exactly what I wanted to know.

Thanks so much!
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2007, 02:52:53 pm »

You're very welcome Smiley

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2007, 05:01:56 pm »

The kids don't actually get an inheritance though, it's life insurance.  There could be 3,000,000 simoleans in the estate, but the insurance payoff for children I believe is limited to 10,000 if all the conditions are right.  Spouse would receive 20,000.

If it is a large estate, it would be best to move someone onto the lot first, then using Monique's computer or some other means split the estate as you want it.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: