Insimenator.org
May 14, 2024, 01:27:50 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Sims 2 shutting down on its own? What's going on?  (Read 1432 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Ramika

View Profile
« on: May 27, 2007, 05:35:39 pm »

Okay, I'm seriously confused here.
I just talked with a friend today and she mentioned that her game doesn't work: it loads for a while, and then shuts down on its own, as in returns to Windows.
We tried to come up with a solution for a long while, and finally gave up. Then couple of hours later I tried to launch my game, and... boom! It does exactly the same thing! Like... WHAT?!

Neither of us has installed anything out of ordinary, or messed with the game in any other way.
Does anyone have any idea what's the problem?
Miss Bubbly Bee

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2007, 06:05:14 pm »

Does it like, restart your computer also when it exits out of the game?
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2007, 08:17:58 pm »

My guess is the video card or drivers.  Try updating the drivers first, then stepping back to older drivers to see if you can find one that works for you.  If you aren't lucky with that, the card itself may need to be replaced.
Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

(~* Go Pink: Find the Cure *~)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2007, 09:09:49 pm »

Even some of the most "ordinary" downloads have a possibility of causing the game to shut down on its own.  You may want to sift through your most recent downloads (mainly the time period between the last time you loaded the game successfully and when the crashes started happening) and find the culprit somewhere within them.  It could be a mesh or an object that either needs an EP/SP you don't have, or is just plain faulty in general.  :angel:

Ramika

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2007, 08:09:50 am »

Phew, I finally found the problem. It was indeed a download, one that I didn't even remember downloading. XD And I suppose it also explains why my friend had the same problem. She asked me couple of days ago for some good download-sites, and I gave her a link to the same site where I downloaded the problem-item. I guess she must have downloaded the same item.

I probably should have went through my downloads-folder before even coming here to ask for help. It just seemed so very weird. ^^;;;
Thank you for all your comments, and apologies for wasting your time. :doh:
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: