Insimenator.org
May 04, 2024, 06:01:00 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Can anyone please help with 3 problems?  (Read 1897 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
fox456

View Profile
« on: May 27, 2007, 11:21:43 pm »

My game used to show the Sims when they Slow Dance but now they just stand there and look at each other.  Secondly, the Rock, Paper, Scissors game shows up as a selection but, again, the sims just stand there.

Finally, I have many objects (original Maxis, not downloaded items) that do not show up in the game.  They usually say, No Pic.  Sometimes there is a picture of the object but it doesn't show up when you try to place it.  Could there be something wrong with how I installed an expansion pack?

I hope someone can direct me to a source to relieve my frustration.  Thanks in advance!
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2007, 12:35:21 am »

I've noticed with the more recent EPs, installing them will hide items from earlier EPs.  I had this problem in particular with FFS and Pets.  I ended up having to reinstall everything until I came up with an acceptable set of game items.

If you do go about doing the reinstall of everything, make sure you take your CC out of the Downloads folder first and just work with the game items until you find everything is working the way you expect.  Then start to add the CC back in.
Sleepycat

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2007, 07:49:06 am »

heh, ya I second what ancienthighway says. After installing Pets, I had almost all of the meshs for maxis Uni YA clothes go missing. I ended up reinstalling to get them back.

Crazy Town - home of my Sim stories & SC4 Terrains, Sims, hairy Skintones and some clothes & stuff.
Simbology
tylersada

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2007, 08:30:13 am »

I just deleted my sims2 folder from the mydocuments/EA/sims2 and started my game again to reset the game (it replaced the entire folder***you have to make sure to move your downloads and anything else you want to the desktop) because I had so many bugs(missing items in body shop and the buy items catalog).  I don't know if that would work in your situation but it helped mine.

Sims Mommy
rebelmozzerella

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2007, 07:13:24 pm »

Quote from: ancienthighway;748051
I've noticed with the more recent EPs, installing them will hide items from earlier EPs.  I had this problem in particular with FFS and Pets.  I ended up having to reinstall everything until I came up with an acceptable set of game items.

If you do go about doing the reinstall of everything, make sure you take your CC out of the Downloads folder first and just work with the game items until you find everything is working the way you expect.  Then start to add the CC back in.

What he said. Cheesy

he's the sweat on my sheets (:
fox456

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2007, 09:14:38 pm »

Thanks for the suggestions, everyone.  I ended up reinstalling everything from the beginning, and now I don't seem to be having any known problems!  I appreciate the advice.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: