Insimenator.org
May 02, 2024, 01:27:34 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Sims faces slide  (Read 1881 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
AylaRanzz

View Profile
« on: April 29, 2008, 12:10:05 pm »

I've had Sims2 for about a week now and just got University on Friday. Between Friday and Sat night I played and there were no problems, but then I played Sat night and I noticed that two of my sims, their faces would blink red or white then when I would tell them to do something, the face that is surrounded by the commands would slide around while the head moved to look at the commands. The head would move, but the face would slide around the head.

Both sims I noticed this happening to are teen sims. I haven't noticed it happening to any other sims.
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2008, 12:11:14 pm »

did you download anything new before playing?

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
katya917

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2008, 01:20:29 pm »

that happened to me also and that also kept happening to the objects around the house.  i fixed the faces by having the sims change their appearance in the mirror.. though i had to add their eyebrows back.  the objects I replaced with new ones from the buy catalogue but I continue having this issue with objects. I don't know how to fix it permanently or even where the problem came from.  I installed just the regular patches and then my issues started.
AylaRanzz

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2008, 01:34:00 am »

Nope, I haven't downloaded anything into my game yet.
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2008, 07:53:49 am »

believe it or not, but some of the patches from the official sites have been buggier than the game itself (like the Free Time patch...)

to be honest, I've not patched my game at all. I tried once when I had pets, but whatever the patch was supposed to do, it didn't work. I re-installed the game, and except for one problem with FT that might need patching, I've not experienced a single problem that the patces were supposed to fix - despite not having any patches installed.
this is just my game, though. some that do have the problems, get them fixed with the patches.

you might have a graphical issue. maybe your graphic card is outdated or something (I'm not an expert in this, and so far nothing has ever been flashing in other colors than blue in my gamae, but when things flash red it might be a graphical problem. flashing blue usually means that you don't have the mesh for the download, and it sometimes happens for their faces if you age them up and down with the insim - the mirror usually fix this, but not always).

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
AylaRanzz

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2008, 02:43:39 am »

Well it's not doing it anymore and I only ever noticed it on those two sims so I have no idea what it was that was causing it. But thanks for the help.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: