Insimenator.org
May 02, 2024, 09:42:59 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How To Package Your Own Skins For Upload  (Read 1101 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
xskababyx

View Profile
« on: July 13, 2007, 07:53:52 am »

Hey people,

I've been making my own skins for a while now, and I'd like to start sharing them with other people. But, I have no idea which files to package for upload, so that the whole thing works when people download by clothes! Can anyone help me?

2nd place - The Greatest Love Story
2nd place - Miss Alien
miros1

In Miros We Trust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2007, 09:26:18 am »

Open up your SavedSims folder.  You'll see two groups of files.

One group has file names like this: 3d26ce93_2210db4d.package Those are Sims that you've created in BodyShop.

The other group has file names like this: 3d26ce93_Text.package, where Text is whatever name you gave the project when you created it.  Those are your skins.  That's the file you need.  This file can be renamed if desired.  I usually use the Tool Tip Text as the file name.

Just zip up that file, take a screen shot of it in the game, and upload the zip file and the screenshot.  You can use SimPE to see what the Tool Tip Text is and roughly what the skin looks like so you can find it for the screenshot.

FYI, Create A Sim in the game makes for better pictures than BodyShop.  The most natural looking pictures are from the game itself, so it's worth the trouble of building a lot to use for a background.

Rose/Miros
Webmaster of the Wooden Simolean
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: