Insimenator.org
May 14, 2024, 08:48:16 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Recommend Graphic Card?  (Read 1623 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
wixssy

View Profile
« on: July 15, 2007, 01:45:10 pm »

Ha ha, this is my second question in a week Tongue

I only have a really basic computer, and the graphic card isn't that good. I can't even turn on the 'Special Events Camera'. I was wondering if you guys could recommend a graphic card that isn't too expensive (I don't have that much money ><) but good enough to make videos with on the sims (to the point where people won't complain about crappy quality).

Thanks!:)
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2007, 11:39:14 pm »

I would get the best you can afford. If you can swing it, my suggestion is to get something that's at least 256mb. I don't know what you count as expensive, but you can get one for around $100

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
wixssy

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2007, 02:58:44 am »

I asked my brother today and he said my graphic card is pretty old, so I should just listen to what you guys recommend.

I'll look for graphic cards in the $100 range, thanks for the help!
CynaraBlade

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2007, 03:06:25 am »

Yes, a card with a minimum of 256MB of video memory is generally recommended, despite what EA says on the back of the cover.

:blob6:
wixssy

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2007, 01:36:22 pm »

Well, I talked to my brother more about it and he says my computer is pretty old too. There's been a lot of problems, and my birthday happens to be coming up Wink So I'll just be getting a new computer. Nothing fancy, but even the most basic computer is better than the one I have.

So you said a "minimum of 256 mb". A computer I looked at earlier had a card with that exact amount. Should I be getting something with 256 mb or should I try getting better? As long as the graphics are better than what I have now I'm fine with it ><
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2007, 08:02:15 pm »

If you can afford to get something better, then by all means do so. You certainly won't regret it. At least 1gb of ram is helpful as well.

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
CynaraBlade

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2007, 11:39:09 pm »

The system requirements on the back of the pack state you need at least 32MB video memory on your card, or 64MB if you're using Vista. Personally, I wouldn't recommend trying to run Sims 2 on that amount of video memory, unless you're into really sluggish gameplay, which is why I recommend a minimum of 256MB of video memory.

Oh, and about the RAM, 1GB is helpful unless you happen to be running all EPs and SPs like I am, and I sincerely feel 1GB isn't cutting it for me anymore, so I've just ordered a RAM upgrade for my machine.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2007, 11:41:45 pm by CynaraBlade » Logged

:blob6:
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: