Insimenator.org
May 11, 2024, 07:05:53 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Buyable Bookcases  (Read 1813 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
gautie53

View Profile
« on: July 15, 2007, 01:46:30 am »

As I am fairly new here, and hope I am posting in the right place with my question.  Is there a way to buy bookcases in OFB.  The problem seems that customers can only purchases books from the bookshelves and not the whole bookcase.  Please help!  Thanks in  advance
tylersada

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2007, 10:36:28 am »

Am I understanding correctly?  You want the customer on a community or home business to be able to buy the whole bookcase as in a piece of furniture?

I have never tried this and am not at home to experiment but I know that you can set prices on many things to put them up for sale.  You may be able to set a price on the bookcase itself.  Worth a try anyway.  Maybe someone else on the forum has had a furniture store where they have done this.

Sims Mommy
gautie53

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2007, 04:11:26 am »

You are correct tylersada.  I want the sim to buy the complete bookcase.  I have put the bookcase up for sale, put a cheap price on it, but the customers take a book out and purchase the book only.  I even took a playable sim there myself to purchase it, and the option of 3 kinds of bookd came up for her to choose to purchase.  Something like the choices that come up with games and magazines.  I am beginning to think that perhaps the game does not allow for the purchase of the bookcase as a piece of furniture.
tylersada

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2007, 04:31:37 pm »

Sorry I had been away and am now just beginning to check my subscribed threads.  I will have to try this when i set my next business up.  That is really strange.  I thought anything in the game could be purchased.

Sims Mommy
miros1

In Miros We Trust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2007, 05:03:50 pm »

So did I!  Good luck with your experiments!

Rose/Miros
Webmaster of the Wooden Simolean
tylersada

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2007, 03:01:31 pm »

I am uploading a bookstore this evening that was a result of this thread.  I built the bookstore and then tried to put the bookshelfs up for sale.  shows how smart I am.  Can't do it (at least not that I have found).  I also found several other things that cannot be sold.  Any way I thought I would share the book store because I did like that.

Sims Mommy
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: