Insimenator.org
May 07, 2024, 02:58:23 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Please help - I've ruined my family  (Read 1631 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
FratBrat44

View Profile
« on: July 28, 2007, 07:50:39 pm »

I spent days making 2 sims - that I sent to College - they fell in love - they left school with honors - they got married - reached the top of their jobs - everything was great.  Then I wanted them to adopt a teen from another family I had made.  I killed off his natural parents & brother - moved the teen into my happy couples home - then I used the mods to make the teen their kid (he kept his last name & got a grant for college for being an orphan - cool) but THEN I SCREWED UP!  I used the mod to make the adopted teen love his parents - now the parents can't even kiss without the teen going into a jealous rage & slapping everyone!!!  I put the problem on hold by using the "no jealousy" mod but I need to fix this.  Any advice?  Please?  Someone told me to remove his "flags" but I don't know what the means.
timberario

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2007, 07:58:52 pm »

im assuming you have insim?  use the relationship adjuster to remove his "in love" flags.  the little animation in the corner of you friends box thing.  or just use quick relations... the other floaty heart to make them all mutually just friends again.
miros1

In Miros We Trust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2007, 10:44:05 pm »

Well, I don't think the OP wants the parents to fall out of love... so be careful with that.

Don't you love how Maxis has no concept of "love" except sexual/romantic?

Rose/Miros
Webmaster of the Wooden Simolean
FratBrat44

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2007, 02:51:21 pm »

Thanks, Timberario, I'll try that.

Thanks Miros1, you're right I don't want that to happen.

I really didn't know that about "love" in the Maxis world - that is really very limiting (and surprisingly narrow-minded).  Perhaps that is something the Maxis people should consider changing.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2007, 02:58:06 pm by FratBrat44 » Logged
dachshundsr4me

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2007, 06:33:07 pm »

I have done that and just used the pink floating heart (under electronics) of the insim and made them all mutual best friends. Then you have to go and make the two parents again and only them mutual love with the pink floating heart. You may need to use the red floating heart to make their LTR and STR at its highest level too. That should fix it for you as it did for me. My kids were bawling their eyes out anytime they saw their parents kiss. Maxis is very closed minded when it comes to love. There is a mod that saves the LTR's and STR's so they do not decrease after they are at the highest point.

A lot of hacks from MATY

Squinge has a hack that keeps relationships from decaying and that can be found here:
no relationship decay hacks

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: