Insimenator.org
May 23, 2024, 11:49:11 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Trouble Downloading  (Read 1895 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
hyleath5560

View Profile
« on: August 07, 2007, 11:57:23 pm »

I download a bunch of things today.  Some worked and some didn't.  Such as the SUV's.  Also some crashed my program and I had to delete the file.  I have a few questions.

What is a Mesh?  Could downloading them be what caused my program to crash?

I downloaded things to the download file but can not get them to install.
I get this error message

The Sims 2 Content installer Please double click on a custom Content package file to install.  

What am I doing wrong please help!!!!
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2007, 12:03:51 am »

1.  Meshes that require EPs you don't have can crash your game.
2.  Sims 2 Content Installer will install Sims2Pack files.  As the downloads are .rar files, you need a program such as WinRAR that will extract the .package files.  Those .package files go into your Downloads folder.
hyleath5560

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2007, 12:08:03 am »

Wow thanks for the quick response.  Ok what is EPs and where do I get it?  Also I installed Winrar and extracted all the files.  I still don't get how to get my game to use it.  :-(
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2007, 12:31:11 am »

EPs are Expansion Packs (Uni, NL, OFB, Pets, Seasons).

Create the folder My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads.  Make sure you use a capital D.  Then put the .package files you extracted from the .rar files into the Downloads folder.

Start your game up.  If you get a window asking about enabling or disabling custom content, enable, quit the game, then start it up again.  That window should have enable CC marked still so just continue on into your neighborhood.  When you go to create sims, buy clothes, change appearance, use Buy Mode or Build Mode, the custom content you downloaded will appear in the appropriate area.
hyleath5560

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2007, 12:55:56 am »

I have the Sims2 Deluxe.  It includes night life.  The suv download say you need night life. Do those car only work when you are in the night life part of the game?
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2007, 01:02:37 am »

You need Nightlife to use the vehicle.  Once you have NL installed, you can use the vehicle in any of the later EPs also.
hyleath5560

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2007, 08:32:34 am »

I haven't went into the nightlife program. Maybe that is why some of my download are not working. Do I need to go into that program to for it to install? Right now it is just an option I haven't used yet.  Wow they are so many things to know about the Sims. But it is fun to learn!!!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: