Insimenator.org
May 03, 2024, 04:46:23 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Weird glitch  (Read 4131 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Lady Moiraine

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2007, 07:17:36 am »

Do you know how to find out what video card you have?  If not, just go to your desktop and you'll see all your icons.  RIGHT click on your My Computer icon and go to Properties.  A window will pop up and it will be your System Properties.  Find the tab that says Hardware.  Click on that and then you'll look for a button that says Device Manager.  Click on that.  Then you'll see a list, that is all the hardware you have installed on your computer.  Look for "Display Adapters" and click on the + in front of the monitor that says Display Adapters.  You'll see your video card.  Then you'll go to the manufacturers site and you can then close out of the device manager.  If it's an ATI (mine is a Radeon) go here:

http://ati.amd.com/support/driver.html

If it's Nvidia go here:

http://www.nvidia.com/content/drivers/drivers.asp

Once you're there, find the driver that supports your card and download it.  Most drivers are all self installing now so once you have downloaded the driver, the rest is easy EXCEPT once your driver is downloaded; DO NOT install it right away.  Just know where the download is!  Then go to your start button then settings then control panel and go to Add/Remove software and click on that icon.  Look for your video card driver and click on it and select remove then remove that old driver.  You should be prompted to reboot.  If not, reboot anyway.  When your computer starts up, it will be weird because you don't have a video driver but then just go to where your download is and go ahead and install the new video driver, also, after you have rebooted, turn off your anti virius program, it's best if that's shut off while you install your new driver.  You'll be promted to reboot again.

If this doesn't work, you'll have to uninstall and reinstall your sims game.  Good luck to you!  I've had a lot of weird stuff happen with my game but I've never seen anything like your screenshot.  I hope you find out what happened to your game. :roll:

Stunner2020

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 07, 2007, 04:38:58 pm »

Well, I did that and the game now runs fine!

I am now eternally grateful to you all! (Lady Moiraine, caffeinated.joy and MissDoh)

Cheers again. Smiley
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 08, 2007, 03:10:54 am »

Yay! :clapp: I'm glad you got it fixed, and I'm happy we could help.

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
Lady Moiraine

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: August 08, 2007, 08:02:27 am »

Quote from: Stunner2020;867630
Well, I did that and the game now runs fine!

That is wonderful news!  I really know how frustrating it is when your game is messed up.  I think every new computer I've gotten has been because I broke the old one on a sims game.

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: