Insimenator.org
May 03, 2024, 09:22:25 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Trouble training toddlers...  (Read 2674 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
sweetswami77

View Profile
« on: April 16, 2007, 04:19:19 pm »

I don't know if this is Seasons related or not.  Just wondering if anyone else is having trouble training their toddlers.  The first house I played, the girl was taught to walk in less than a second (no cheats, no smart milk), but her dad spent hours trying to teach her to talk, and it didn't raise the gauge at all.  Potty training going at the normal rate.  The next house, no luck on any of it.  I do have some hacks, so it's quite possible that it's a conflict.  I just thought I'd ask if anyone else had this problem, and what they did to fix it.

I downloaded the updated version of the insim, but that didn't help.  I was going to use the toddler trainer to give the toddlers the skills that I can't seem to teach them, but the only options are "Change Model"/"Information"/"Delete".  So, that won't work either.  

Any help would be greatly appreciated!! :worship:

:dance: SS
Charley

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2007, 03:18:25 am »

I had that when i first downloaded it, except it used to happen with twins, i would 'up' both their skills to teach them skills, when i came to teach hem the 2nd twin took ages. What hacks do you have? With the toddler trainer you have to click on it when your toddler is the active sim!

Char
xxx

sweetswami77

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2007, 11:04:00 pm »

Thanks, Char!  I tried it again with the toddler selected, and lo and behold, it worked!  Wish I knew why I can't teach them skills, but at least I still have the cheat.

Smiley SS
jase439

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2007, 11:09:44 pm »

You have to give them the skill first then up their skill level.  It's a 2-step process with InSim.  Not sure why you were unable to train them w/o hacks though.

"Craaaazy...toys in the attic...I am craaaazy...truly gone fishing...they must have taken my marbles away..."
dreamcatchermwh

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2007, 07:42:49 pm »

Or you can go to mod the sims 2 and down load a hack painting for toddlers.You click on your toddler and select teach me to walk ect.You will find it in mod the sim2 hack objects.

Appreciation is a wonderful thing . It makes what is excellent in others belong to us as well.:grin:
MissDoh

Back for more!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2007, 08:27:05 pm »

To clear possible mod conflicts, get the hack detection tool found at http://www.simwardrobe.com
Tomkat

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2007, 07:19:32 am »

What I do (not that it probably matters) (& as already said by jase439)
Use the inSim's toddler trainer, and "set(the)level" of whichever skill you want the kid go get to just under full.  
Then it only takes a few seconds to fill the bar, and everyone gets the appropriate memories/wants are filled accordingly.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: