Insimenator.org
May 02, 2024, 07:58:50 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: And the saga continues...  (Read 2202 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
LouieLoui

View Profile
« on: September 12, 2007, 03:43:40 pm »

I ended up uninstalling and reinstalling BV today to see if that made a difference.  Now I can get into the Maxis-made lots (at least Pleasantview) but I can't get into my created lots.  None of them work--even the ones that haven't been played since I got BV.  

Any ideas as to why the Maxis lots work but the custom ones don't?  Doesn't seem to matter if I have cc enabled or disabled, either.

No hacks--removed InSim and InTeen.  Ran Clean Install and found nothing.  I did have a ton of Tour Guides and Charleton's in my one neighborhood that I had been playing since first installing BV.  Not sure how many as I didn't count them.  Am I doomed to losing all of MY lots?

Freakin' EAxis.
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2007, 03:49:10 pm »

Get Pescado's antiredundancy hack from MATY.  Delete the neighborhoods and let the game recreate them.
LouieLoui

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2007, 04:58:08 pm »

I need to buy WinZip or get another zip program before I can download MATY's fix as my free trial expired.  Craptastical.

When you say delete the neighborhoods do you mean the Maxis ones or all of them?  And do you think that the neighborhoods I created are completely unsalvageable or do I still have hope?
LouieLoui

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2007, 04:59:40 pm »

Oh, and I should add that while I was able to load up Pleasantview, when I clicked on a family to try and play them I got the same issue--kept trying to load but wouldn't finish.

I've never had any issues w/the Sims before until now.  Sad
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2007, 05:17:22 pm »

I would delete any neighborhood you've entered since getting BV.  Actually that's what I did right after I put the antiredundancy mod in.  Provided you made the recommended backup before installing BV, you can always put that back in the game once you're satisfied with stability.
LouieLoui

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2007, 05:31:09 pm »

Okay, I will do that then.  I just uninstalled everything and am getting ready to do a clean install.  I'll wait to put back the neighborhoods I created until I know that I can at least play it in Seasons.  I may hold off on installing BV for a bit, though.  

I do have everything backed up, thankfully.
pureheart

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2007, 07:58:00 am »

Have you updated your drivers? I had some issues until I updated my drivers. Now I can play my regular hood, with my created lots, without problem.

pureheart
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: