Insimenator.org
May 03, 2024, 08:04:24 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: To Many Things  (Read 1610 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
raven66

View Profile WWW
« on: September 05, 2007, 04:48:29 pm »

Right i have put sims 2 on my new laptop and have been having way to many problems with it.

well i have up to nightlife installed no hacks the only cc i have is eyes, a few hairs and some skins.

The problems have been there since before i put nightlife on i was just runing uni and sims 2 to start with i put nightlife hoping that it would fix everything but no it only made it worse.

so far i had no ea games folder but now i do (it just appeared one day) and most the time it like i have two different versions of sims 2 one has my cc and one family that i have been working on and the other has no cc and another family that i was working on. at first i thought that the game had just reset it self after putting the cc in but when i played today i gad no cc and that family that i thought that i had lost.

and a smaller problem

my vampires wont go to sleep in the day, i just cant click on the coffin its like someone is using it but no one is, i have kill my vamp twice because of this.

thanks in advance

raven

Last night those cops came to arrest you What'd you do this time Was is far from home Well I've seen you twice in the last ten months now your gone again so far from home song by aiden- looking though the glass eye
:tongue5::notsmili::lol:
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2007, 05:03:22 pm »

Everything you do with the game should be in the My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\ folder.  This is where you should have your Downloads folder for CC.  This is where your neighborhoods and sims are saved.

There's also a Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims 2 folder.  This is the wrong one to use.  This is reserved for the game files that are installed by EA.  It runs from here, but saves in My Documents.  If you put your Downloads folder here, the game will never see it.  Move it to the first folder I mentioned.

The other thing you need to be sure you do is name the folder Downloads.  This may be correct already if you let Bodyshop create the folder, but it's worth a check.

As far as the coffin goes, do your vamps have room to get into it?  If the lid is open and the sleep command drops out of the queue or your vampire throws a hissy fit, he/she may not be able to get into the coffin.
raven66

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2007, 10:51:02 am »

sorry to say this and i love the help that you have given me but i know all that already and have helped many people my self and this is just confusing me that i cant fix it. and with the coffin thing even when you can click on the coffin when there is stuff in the way and it lets me with everyone else in the family just not the vampire.

Last night those cops came to arrest you What'd you do this time Was is far from home Well I've seen you twice in the last ten months now your gone again so far from home song by aiden- looking though the glass eye
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2007, 11:04:36 am »

Do either CleanInstaller or Delpy's Download Organizer show anything strange?  I'm wondering if you've downloaded lots and may have picked up some rogue hacks you don't know about.
raven66

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2007, 03:28:50 pm »

well i havent downloaded any lots and everything that i have in this game i have in my other game and i can play on that one fine and i havent had this happen before, even when i messed up when i kept my sims and not my downloads folder when i reinstalled one time and everything worked then

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: