Insimenator.org
May 16, 2024, 11:05:44 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
  Print  
Author Topic: Major Tour guide spamming problem, Maxis/EA Patch to fix this is now out!  (Read 18407 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
jinyc

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: October 12, 2007, 01:05:14 pm »

MissDoh, my Krispy Creme, I will watch to see if any other add ons appear.

I think if you remove your character's folder you would definitely lose your Simmies. I don't think the game will regenerate a new folder. If it does, your lot may be unplayable because the Simmies associated with it would be missing.

EDIT: I just used Clean Installer to check my Characters folder. Pre-patch, consistent 732 characters (and with A-R hack) where I had a combo 13 tour guides, charlatans, local chefs, fire dancers and ninjas I know have 27 included in the total of 733. I am perplexed.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2007, 01:17:49 pm by jinyc » Logged

Joey the Whinernator

http://www.insimenator.net/
MissDoh

Back for more!

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 12, 2007, 03:09:22 pm »

MissDoh, my Krispy Creme, I will watch to see if any other add ons appear.

:rofl: Gotta love this.

Didn't the patch shrunk useless extra tour guides character files?  I think it is part of the patch features.  I would have to re-read Jase patch post again but I think it is normal.

Though what you are saying is that you have more of those then before out of the same character quantity? *faints*

Maybe you should wait for an updated SimPe to be sure.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2007, 03:12:01 pm by MissDoh » Logged
jinyc

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: October 12, 2007, 03:23:35 pm »

My beloved Kreme Filled Krispy, I just played and still have 733 after visiting another vacation lot. So no new spawns. I may have counted wrong before the patch. Maybe the dreaded 27 were there and kept in check by Pesky's mod. It's just odd that I went from 732 to 733. Weird. And, no, I don't think the patch shrank the useless NPCs ('cause they are still there) and I believe it was supposed to do just that.

Also, I thought the fast speed when entering a community lot would be neutralized. It hasn't.

Maybe it's the old "well, we have patched but it will probably not effect those lots that are older." Poohbah!

I had stopped having lags on vacation. How about now I have at least one per played lot. OY VEY MARIA!

The good news is that I only had one sandcastle built after a three day vacation (this after removing our beloved Empress Kathy's cure).

Joey the Whinernator

http://www.insimenator.net/
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
  Print  

Jump to: