Insimenator.org
May 03, 2024, 08:39:10 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Problem with cheat window.  (Read 1569 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
masasaiyan

View Profile WWW
« on: September 18, 2007, 01:06:39 pm »

I hope I can make this pretty clear.

For some odd reason, I cannot get my cheat window to open up. I KNOW I am hitting the right keys. I took the games off my computer. Removed all downloads and hacks. Re-installed after running Spyware Doctor, Disk Defrag, etc. I had this problem before I got Bon Voyage. I have all of the EPs and Stuff packs (except H&M and Holiday.) I played the game completely vanilla, shut down as many BG tasks as possible, and still no cheat window. I have a Microsoft Wireless keyboard and mouse.

I miss my 45 degree cheat. My houses look so ugly without it (and the CC.) Please help. Sad

Sie wollen mein Herz am rechten Fleck,
Doch seh ich dann nach unten weg,
Da schlägt es links.
Links, zwo, drei, vier... .
megativity13

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2007, 03:01:48 pm »

I'm not sure why you're having this issue.  Mine does that every once in a while, but it usually doesn't stay that way.

Have you tried Lucas Easy Sims 2 Cheats? This program will give you your cheats, even if the cheat window doesn't open.

http://www.aussietopenders-sims2.com/Programs.htm

Open the program, type in your cheats (you'll only have to ever do this once.)  Pick a key that you want to associate with it.  The program must be open while your game runs (you can minimize it to the task bar)-it's so small though that it won't effect your game play. In game just hit the key combo for the cheat you want.  

The cheat window normally pops up, the program enters the cheat  and the window disappears.  I've found though that even if the cheat window does not pop up the cheat is active until you deactivate it.

It sounds more complicated than it actually is.

feed the hungry while testing your vocabulary
masasaiyan

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2007, 06:28:15 pm »

Thanks. I'll give the program a try. Smiley

I'd still like to know why the window won't open though. Very weird.

Da schlägt es links.
maniac19642003
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2007, 07:09:08 pm »

Cursor programs will cause the window not to open up so if you use one of them, you should disable it and that will fix the problem.
masasaiyan

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2007, 03:50:40 am »

I don't have any cursor programs (that I know of,) on my computer. What should I be looking for if there are? Comet Cursor is the only one I can think of and I don't see it anywhere.

Da schlägt es links.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: