Insimenator.org
May 02, 2024, 10:03:24 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Cannot Get a Job  (Read 2325 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
film1962

View Profile
« on: September 14, 2007, 10:35:59 pm »

Hey there,  My Sims cannot get a job. everytime I tell them to look in the paper, I get there are no more jobs in the paper today.. but no jobs are given to me.  This also happens on the computer.  Can anyone help me?

Also I cannot get my sim to take a picture nor can they get someone else to take a picture and I have used the way it says in the booklet and on the screen.

Thank you in advance:rabbit:
MissDoh

Back for more!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2007, 12:22:33 am »

It could be a mod conflict, did you try to move your downloads folder to see if it works without it?

Another possibility is a sim that graduated from Uni is living on that lot and that day the only job showing up both in the paper and computer are jobs that needs the sim to be graduated.  Did you try another lot to see if other sims can get a job?
film1962

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2007, 08:08:51 pm »

Thanks for answering my problem so quickly.  I tried that moving the downloads folder- still nothing, no jobs.  I tried reinstalling the games and still same problem.  Very Perplexing.
MissDoh

Back for more!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2007, 01:27:51 am »

So it is happening on all your lots or just one in particular?
jinyc

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2007, 01:32:03 pm »

You should run a hack utility. If you have ever downloaded an S2Pack file it may have contianed a hidden hack that is now probably incompatible with your game. If this is the case, run Clean Installer. It will isolate all hacks in your game. If you have a "hidden" hack with a long alpha numeric file name it will show and could be the culprit.

Joey the Whinernator

http://www.insimenator.net/
film1962

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2007, 09:39:44 pm »

Wow, I love the way everyone helps each other.  The problem is on all the lots.
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2007, 01:16:36 am »

In saying you moved your downloads folder earlier, did you move everything or just the mods?  And did you move it completely out of the game's folders, like to your desktop?

Just to be sure, you should not have a Downloads folder anywhere in My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2.
film1962

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2007, 09:37:40 pm »

Yes, I moved all the downloads including the game mods to my second hard drive so it was completely removed.  I know this sounds very weird.  I am thinking if I completely unistall all games and reinstall- see if the jobs come back.  Is this a good idea??
MissDoh

Back for more!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2007, 12:38:21 pm »

Since even without your download folder none of your sims can get job I think indeed it could be a good idea to reinstall but you could start by only uninstalling and reinstalling the BV ep.

Make sure to make a back-up before you do because it will delete the complete sims 2 folder when you uninstall bv.
film1962

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2007, 07:47:54 pm »

Thanks MissDoh for your help, it is very much appreciated.  I will let you know what happens
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: