Insimenator.org
May 02, 2024, 03:08:02 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Community lots & BV  (Read 1863 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
babyblue1387

View Profile
« on: October 01, 2007, 07:53:58 am »

Ever since I installed Bon Voyage, I've had this problem with community lots where, after being there for a few in game minutes, the live mod, buy and build mode options go grey. I can still see my sim, but am unable to select them. I'm forced to exit to the neighborhood. The sims seem unharmed, though, and I'm grateful for that. I took more than one sim to a community lot once, and it seems that my sims are becoming unselectable, and the game doesn't think that anyone is on the community lot. This is really kinda annoying though, and I was wondering if there was something I could do to fix this.
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2007, 08:17:24 am »

Unless you own the lot, the buy and build mode should be grayed out to begin with.  There is a hack that enables these, but it appears not to be compatible with BV.
babyblue1387

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2007, 08:38:14 am »

I usually enable them when I enter a lot, so I forgot about that. But even using the cheat boolProp DormSpecificToolsDisabled false doesn't work. I'm left with no choice but to exit the lot, and not even back to my sim's house, but back to the neighborhood the community lot was in. This hasn't happened before BV, so I'm assuming it's something that came with the game.
lewisb40
Sims 3? Yeah, I like it.

Hard Poop!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2007, 10:32:48 am »

I see what babyblue is saying, when the sim is sent to a community lot, not only the buy/build modes are grey, but the live mode also. Without the live mode, you can't control the sim.

Have you checked all your hacks you used before BV?  I thought I got rid of all my hacks that conflicted with it, til I ran the hack conflict detector and found one more hidden in my hack folder.  Now that it is out, the game hasn't caused anymore play problems, other than nude preggers after performing TaiChi, LOL.

Michael J. Jackson - Best Entertainer in the World! 1958-2009  Sleep in Peace, Dear Prince.
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2007, 10:40:38 am »

Hotel/vacation community lot, or a community lot in a non-vacation neighborhood?

Are you playing with mods/hacks in your game?  Does this still happen if you remove them, both with this sim and lot and others?  With this particular lot/sim combination you may continue to have problems if you've saved the lot.  When I had something similar happen on a hotel lot, I went back to the main 'hood, summoned the sims, added them to the family, then had them move out.  I regained control of the sims and hotel that way, although the small fortune I forced on them with motherlode was gone...well, until they moved into their new house Cheesy.

This problem has happened before to others and me. In most cases, it came down to a mod that was causing the problem to occur.
babyblue1387

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2007, 07:41:01 pm »

I haven't checked the hack conflict in a while, so I'll check and see if there's a hidden conflict. It only happens on non-vacation community lots, yes I'm playing with hacks currently, yes, it happens with all sims and all lots, and I've tested by disabling what the game flags as "problem" custom content. I'll try removing my hacks and mods (though there aren't any that alter community lot behavior so I thought it would be ok to leave them in.)
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: