Insimenator.org
March 18, 2024, 11:16:20 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7
  Print  
Author Topic: User-Interface Mod: No Red Lines During Pause  (Read 151696 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« on: October 09, 2007, 12:51:22 am »

Rsimnia requested a mod to remove the red line and pause thing from the interface (see her request here), something that also annoys the bejeezus out of me.  So after a bit of hunting in the ui.package, I came up with a solution.

This mod should prove useful to custom content creators, contest-junkies, story-tellers, and film-makers. Basically anyone who uses something other than the in-game camera to grab screen-captures.

Attention!  May conflict with other User Interface mods.

Installation: Extract the file from the RAR, then install by placing in the Downloads folder.

Un-Installation: Delete the file (no-red-pause-mod.package) from your Downloads folder

Notes:
When you click in the top left corner the game may or may not pause depending on what expansion pack, fix-patch, and platform version of the game you are using; use the Pause|Break key on your keyboard for a quick replacement should the corner-click no longer work.

The replacement images were made by replacing the TGA original images (uncompressed with 8-bit alpha channel format) with transparent PNGs of identical size. This mod has been tested with The Sims 2 (only), University EP, Nightlife EP, Open for Business EP, Pets EP, Seasons EP, Bon Voyage EP, and all the stuff packs.

Credits:
Thanks to Dracine for testing this mod in Bon Voyage.

Thanks to xjessisthebestx for testing this mod in Pets.

Thanks to HugeLunatic (MTS2) and whitesiren (MTS2) for testing this mod on the Mac platform.

USING THIS MOD WITH OTHER UI MODS:
Using SimPE, extract the items contained in no-red-pause-mod.package to a secure location by right-click... Extract..., make note of the Instance numbers. Open the UI mod you generally use and replace the line items with the same Instance numbers by right-click... Replace...

Policy: whatever, but if you steal it, you have to support it.  Permission is granted to freely re-distribute this mod on any site. Additionally, this mod may be incorporated into any other UI mod without prior permission or credit.

* no-red-pause-mod.rar (0.67 KB - downloaded 19543 times.)

* no-red.jpg (56.62 KB, 684x228 - viewed 58476 times.)

* say-no.gif (24.07 KB, 433x208 - viewed 46998 times.)
« Last Edit: October 16, 2007, 11:27:31 pm by ~Marvine~ » Logged

"There is a certain elegance in wasting time. Any fool can waste money, but when you waste time you waste what is priceless."
-- Maugham, W. Somerset. Ashenden: Or the British Agent.
kim

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2007, 04:44:49 am »

Nice Job

DigiSim

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2007, 01:08:50 pm »

I'll pass. I actually don't mind the red line.
hardwaretoad

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2007, 05:38:20 pm »

Well, I'll bite on this, I'm one of those people that're always having to edit that crap out of their pics. Thanks, Yakov...

\"Jeux sans Frontieres\"...
Jagerjaques
Hollow

Grimmjow

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2007, 05:52:42 pm »

Um, YAY! For contests, this is one of the BEST mods I've seen! Thank you so much, this is A-FLAMIN'-MAZING!
Julie J

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2007, 06:05:10 pm »

Yesssss!!!!, no more photshopping the left corner of my pics. Thank you sooo much Cheesy
dracine

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2007, 06:06:54 pm »

YES YES YES!

Thank you!
Naima

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2007, 06:15:16 pm »

I LOVE YOU. This rocks my world, seriously!

¤¤¤
1st Place MTB5 : Unity
2nd Place 7 Deadly Sims : Kimora[/SIZE]
Decorgal

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2007, 06:28:21 pm »

WOW.  Thank you so much for this!  It's something I've always had to crop around for screens but now I don't have to!
razzajazza

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2007, 06:29:35 pm »

Yey!!!! Thank God!!!!! *bows* Best. Mod. Ever. Period.

Thanks!!!

~Razza's Picture Stuffz~
Updated Aug 10
[/COLOR][/B]ADD ME --> ~fLiCkR~ <-- ADD ME
him666

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2007, 06:31:49 pm »

You have read my mind and made exactly what I wanted and never I thought was it possible but thanks to you it is! Many thanks for this, I can have full screenies now without the red crap! YAY!
Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

(~* Go Pink: Find the Cure *~)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2007, 06:44:23 pm »

:notworth: :notworth: :notworth:

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!  :toothy8:  I was hoping someone would do this, because ever since I re-installed Seasons on my laptop, the red lines started appearing again (like they were originally intended to... I just have a weird game, that's for sure... :lol:)  Once again, thanks sooo much for sharing this!  :smile bi:

Sam the T-man
Formerly known as Sadie

On hiatus from Insim

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2007, 08:08:34 pm »

Thank you! I got so sick of having to negotiate that flamin' pause icon when getting pics for contests and stories Cheesy Now I won't have to worry about catching the red lines either, cheers! Cheesy

No requests please
Brego89
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2007, 08:11:19 pm »

Love it...thanks so much!
huffy15

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 09, 2007, 08:19:02 pm »

hott, i like

And if the cloud bursts, thunder in your ear
You shout and no one seems to hear.