Insimenator.org
May 09, 2024, 09:58:27 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Problem loading downloads  (Read 1560 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Vanvan

View Profile
« on: February 18, 2008, 02:25:46 pm »

I really hope someone can help me with this I'm ready to chuck Sims out the window I'm so mad.  I recently reinstalled my entire computer so obviously I had to reinstall Sims2 and the game's working fine (and faster than ever which was a nice surprise lol) but my downloads will just not show up no matter what I do and the files are located in weird places.  I have screen caps to show what I mean.  When I go into "Sims 2" which is in My Documents its has a bunch of sub folders rather than what it used to have which was just Downloads, Music, Config, etc.  To get to that area I have to go into "TSDATA" then into "Res" and when I put the Downloads folder there, nothing shows up.  Yes, I have "Enable custom content" set to on, but that didn't do anything.  If someone could tell me what to do I'd really appreciate it

Also, each of my Eps has their own folder and this same lay-out of odd subfolders rather than all being consolidated into the main Sims 2 folder.  I have re-installed Sims before and it went in properly so I do not know what's wrong this time.  I have also tried to put the Downloads folder into the most recent Ep's collection of folders but that also did nothing

Here are the screen caps of the craziness:  

Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

(~* Go Pink: Find the Cure *~)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2008, 01:35:32 am »

All of that is in your C:\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2 folder?  :shock:

Is it possible that you had accidentally set that location to be your main installation directory while re-installing the game without noticing?  Perhaps that's why it's like that...  I'm not sure how else and why this would happen otherwise... :dontknow:

Vanvan

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2008, 01:50:45 pm »

Yep that's how it looks when I open the Sims 2 folder.  I didn't do anything strange, I started Windows over completely from scratch bc I had a virus so I had to reinstall everything and that's just how Sims2 came up in my files.  I've tried it in about 4 different locations, subfolders, sections, etc but it always comes up looking like that.  Is there a special way I should try to install it?
dynasty

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2008, 07:14:35 pm »

well, I am bumping this because I have a similar problem...
I got the HM stuff. before installing it, everything worked fine. dumb thing is I didnt save any backup files because "it's just a stuff pack and I never had problems before". grrr. anyhow, just as your downloads, mine also show up in the downloads folder, but not in the buy mode. the downloads I am already using in the game blink and show up blue. skintones and other genetics like eyecolors, hair work fine, and as of what I can see clothes and jewelry as well.
when trying to use the insimenator i already had on my lot it only gives me 3 options, one of them is make medication.
I have the base game and all the addons. the only stuff packs i am missing are celebration and teen stuff...
i already deleted the insimenator out of the dl folder and downloaded it here again, but it still wouldnt show up in the buy mode (just as any other furniture, deco etc). it's so weird to me because as i said genetics work fine (altho i admit i havent tried to change their hairstyle or make up).

tenshii, where can i see if the location for my main installation directory changed??

Check my sims out!
Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

(~* Go Pink: Find the Cure *~)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2008, 07:51:18 am »

Well... since I was thinking it might've happened through the installation itself, whenever it asks you which directory you want to install Sims 2/whichever EP being installed in.  :dontknow:  As for the flashing blue downloads, I'm not quite sure... have you tried redownloading some of them to see if they'd work again?

If it's like it should be when it asks, (C:\Program Files\EA Games\*name of expansion pack*) then I'm completely stumped, Vanvan.  I'm not sure how and why the installation would still put those particular in your C:\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2 folder if the above location was chosen...

Sorry that I'm not being of too much help at the moment... the way the downloads folder pictured looks kinda has me twisted in a knot. Sad  I'll try to look up some info about this stuff happening.  Either that, or someone else who knows a little better than I do will come along with some advice.  :happy8:

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: