Insimenator.org
May 02, 2024, 12:00:04 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Resolved: bon voyage Hell!!!!  (Read 2401 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
stevekenzie

View Profile
« on: November 10, 2007, 02:12:06 pm »

Hey everyone i need help....
i just bought bon voyage.....
i already have ,univ,night life,family fun,open 4 biz,and pets....they have always worked beautifully.
i install bv yesturday and all my sims wants and fears are gone my downloads are gone and my game is just in hell.
So heres the bigger problem i was forced to do a system Recovery wher eit wiped out all user data on my pc.(wich is a HP desktop media center thats less then a year old)
so i am trying to start over with sims but the install for the Sims 2 istaking hours and then a messege pops up saying there was an error transfering some voice package or somthing that i must quit install...So i try again and a different error pops up 20% in to the first disc install so i have to quit againn

im so mad and going through sims withdrawl can anyone help me...
thanks
steve

Stay True To Yourself and become Your Own Hero[S
MissDoh

Back for more!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2007, 02:30:14 pm »

Before you install Bon Voyage, did you do a back-up like the game suggested?

If so, put it in and try to install Bon Voyage again.

When you install a new ep, it is not rare the game will reset the settings and you will have to enable your cc again.  Make sure all the cc stuff you have (objects and mods) are compatible with Bon Voyage.
stevekenzie

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2007, 10:10:25 pm »

Everything is working except my downloads are not showing up...si i completly delted all my downloads except some houses and the insiminator and they show up ..so just for kicks i tried to download a new female hair...well when i started my game it never showed up...im at my witts end with this game...3 dayz now and still i havent been able to play..
does anyone know why lots are showing up and the insiminator is showing up but thats it..?
any helpw ould be appreciated..
steve

dreamcatchermwh

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2007, 10:31:45 pm »

Sometimes when you do an uninstall there is still some bits and pieces left behind somewhere on you puter. You need to do a total clean uninstall. Then try reinstall all your games. I know it's a pain but worth it. Once you get all your downloads back try to remeber to copy your downloads folder for future problems.BV is very glitchy so be carefull with certain hacks and mods. I only have insim and my game works fine. But then again i don't download cc "objects or object recolours."

Appreciation is a wonderful thing . It makes what is excellent in others belong to us as well.:grin:
MissDoh

Back for more!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2007, 10:36:45 pm »

Ok did you had to create your own download folder?  If so, did you spell it that way?:

Downloads

Capital D and the s at the end are very important.
BlooM

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2007, 04:07:58 am »

he did that, how else could he have the insiminator....
Could be related to the bug i have with BV, since i installed BV i cant use subfolders anymore on alot of my stuff, could be your problem also.

No longer active
MissDoh

Back for more!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2007, 10:58:58 am »

Bloom, if not spell correctly only some downloads will appear in the game, so it can be a mispell of the folder name.

You should do search before saying it cannot be the problem and you will see the mispelling of the downloads folder is a common problem.

I am not saying it is the official reason why some of his cc are not showing but it can be that simple of a fix.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2007, 11:08:41 am by MissDoh » Logged
stevekenzie

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2007, 04:08:11 pm »

:worship::-PYou all rock,thanks for your advice and your ear so to speak

i did change the way downloads was spelled and it works now..
although its still funny to me that the insiminator still showed up...but im not complaining
thanks again everyone...
steve:worship::worship::worship:

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: