Insimenator.org
May 03, 2024, 01:29:59 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: I Have a question about Beach Lots  (Read 1438 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
harry_79

View Profile
« on: October 25, 2007, 07:44:00 am »

Why when i dowload a beach download I unable to put it in the coast in a custom neightborhood?
BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2007, 08:08:30 am »

harry some beach lots are made with a weird or special neighbourhood, terrain level cheats, lot placement slope mods, etc.  the edge of the lot (the part that turns red when you use the leveling tool) has to match your target terrain fairly closely - it doesn't have to be exact, but placing a downloaded lot that has a "flooded" area may require you have a specific neighbourhood terrain that was made all but below sea level in SimCity 4's terrain editor.

A good example of the "flood" idea is to be seen if you build a house with a basement too close to the canal in Veronaville - the terrain does have a water table and a sea level that can be exploited to achieve the effect of a beach lot.

Other lots are beach lots only in name and the so-call beach is achieved with creative use of terrain paints and the water tool.

It's almost impossible to state which of the problems you are facing here, especially so since a large number of beach theme lots have appeared prior to the release of Bon Voyage and were made by any number of means.

"There is a certain elegance in wasting time. Any fool can waste money, but when you waste time you waste what is priceless."
-- Maugham, W. Somerset. Ashenden: Or the British Agent.
harry_79

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2007, 12:06:32 pm »

So I cant put lot that i download from the diferents sites that where build in beach lots?
BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2007, 07:33:53 pm »

Harry, the short answer is "not always" - what I recommend is sending a Private Message to the person who made the lot you downloaded that will not work, ask the maker of the lot what cheats or mods he/she uses to make lots.  If you understand the methods they use, you might determine how to make the lot work for you.

"There is a certain elegance in wasting time. Any fool can waste money, but when you waste time you waste what is priceless."
-- Maugham, W. Somerset. Ashenden: Or the British Agent.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: