Insimenator.org
May 08, 2024, 02:31:26 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: how to install a lot properly?  (Read 3059 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
BlooM

View Profile
« on: October 26, 2007, 01:51:15 am »

Ok, im prolly missing something but i just cant get it working....Sad

For example:
I downloaded Oldmantiker's Cinema and use clean installer to get it ingame.
The installer chooses teleport folder to install and installs all the CC in the downloadfolder.

The only thing i want is that all the CC comes into a seperate folder in my downloadfolder but the moment i remove it to that folder i lose all the CC that is used on the cinema lot wether i have it already put it in my neighbourhood or not.
It just loses the link to the CC.....

No longer active
BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2007, 03:21:20 am »

ok - try this:

for the objects in the Cinema Sims2Package, you can save the objects to a folder, remove all the redundant .package file-extensions, and then move to the downloads folder - run the game one time to establish them in the content catalogue - exit the game

open the Cinema Sims2Pack with Sims2Pack Clean Installer - use the "select lot only" button

then save as a new file with the lot segment only

install that new file with the game's native Package Installer (just dragging the file onto the programme or a desk-top short-cut for the programme will get this started)

There are obvious changes and an incredible amount of bugs in Bon Voyage EP - it is possible that the game now systematically deletes the objects installed "with" a downloaded lot -- who knows, EA/Maxis changes things in every EP for no sane reason.

As an after thought -- it is also likely that EA made significant changes in the cataloguing mechanism - this could lead to all manner of woes - like lost linkages to custom content.  They can't leave well enough alone, those idots at EA.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2007, 03:27:05 am by ~Marvine~ » Logged

"There is a certain elegance in wasting time. Any fool can waste money, but when you waste time you waste what is priceless."
-- Maugham, W. Somerset. Ashenden: Or the British Agent.
BlooM

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2007, 05:21:46 am »

Sad doesn't work.....
Also tried to install it first in subfolder with clean installer, remove the 2 files.
Then install lot only in teleport.
No luck...

hmmm, maybe i have to instal normally with cleaninstaller and make some minor changes to the lot, save it and then remove the cc to subfolder.
Cant be possible you cant organize your folders anymore after you installed something..... :s
Nope, didn't work either....
Gues i have to settle for the way the package installer installs it with the horror of the renamed CC....for now

Going to try if i can reorganize my dl folder when i have used package installer, if not then they really have screwed up.

Edit:
I installed the lot with package installer.
Entered the game, placed the lot and saved, then exit.
removed the CC into a subfolder, entered the game and lot.....all cc gone on the lot......
Did this with a clean game, no hacks...
strange, cos i can move outfits, accesoires and cars to subfolders without them losing the link.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2007, 07:28:06 am by BlooM » Logged

No longer active
jinyc

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2007, 04:43:13 pm »

I am in my normal state of confusion.

The only S2P I moved into my BV installation were lots that I built and saved from previous EPs. I had been playing Veronaville and with BV switched to Pleasantville.

All of my old lots were added to BV successfully. I used the game installer to add them and then played so the files would transfer from the teleport folder. After playing I moved all the alpha numeric files from my D/Ls folder to ones I had added to house the content of each old house. All of the files remained and were usable. Later, I used CI to disable all of my duplicate files that were moved over in my saved lots. When I disabled those files, I lost the custom content only from the placed packaged lots. I still had the original CC so I just fixed what was missing.

Joey the Whinernator

http://www.insimenator.net/
trl

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2007, 08:17:16 pm »

I'm with jinyc and in my normal state of confusion, lol.

Bloom- there is a tutorial thread at all4sims called "Trick 17" . This seems to work at installing lots that don't show up in the game, but the CC does. Now I understand that you only want the CC and not the lot but I am thinking maybe installing the lot this way may keep the CC from disappearing after you delete the lot.

It uses Clean installer and says to:
1. Select "lot file only" and install
2. after the lot segment is installed now click "select all files" then uncheck "lot segment for upload"
3. unselect "default installation" then choose the downloads folder as the installation folder
4. now under "select file extention" select "package"
5. unselect "generating Sims 2 import file" box and click install.

Read through the thread (it has pics so it is easy peasy to understand) and see if you want to give it a try. I have no idea if this would work but it is just something to try.  Good luck with this, Bloom. Oh just remember to let the files replace when Clean Installer asks so you don't get a bunch of duplicates.

Beosboxboy, if this is a horrible idea for a solution, feel free to let me have it, I can take it. lol
« Last Edit: October 27, 2007, 08:24:01 pm by trl » Logged

BlooM

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2007, 08:28:02 pm »

I want the lot and the CC, the only thing i want is to organize my CC after i installed the lot and i cant cos the CC looses the link with the Lot the moment i move it arround in my dl folder/subfolders......and i have no clue wat causes it Sad

but going to have a look, thank you Smiley
« Last Edit: October 27, 2007, 08:30:22 pm by BlooM » Logged

No longer active
trl

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2007, 08:50:25 pm »

Oh I'm sorry if I misunderstood. Well maybe it will work as it appears to be installing the CC objects separately but I am no expert. I have all the objects  from the lot in a subfolder called "Olemantiker" and I haven't lost any of it. Hmmm... this game is wacky! Good luck anyway! *hugs*

BlooM

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2007, 04:11:46 am »

Quote from: trl;1009167
. I have all the objects  from the lot in a subfolder called "Olemantiker" and I haven't lost any of it. Good luck anyway! *hugs*

.....that's sooo wat i want also Sad
But TRL ? you prolly had the lot installed before you installed BV right?

thnx for the hugs Smiley
« Last Edit: October 28, 2007, 04:15:17 am by BlooM » Logged

No longer active
trl

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2007, 07:51:04 pm »

Yes, I installed the lot prior to installing BV and subfoldered after installing it. That must be the difference. Smiley Like most who have installed this EP, I too seem to be doing more troubleshooting than playing. It's too bad because I think this is my favorite of all the EPs.

Brandihud

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2007, 08:23:34 pm »

BlooM , If trl has all the CC of the lot in her folder maybe she can zip it up and send it to you!
BlooM

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2007, 01:29:38 am »

I have all the CC Brandi, it just loses the link with the lot the moment i move it arround in my dl/sub folder/
I tried another lot(thought maybe it was caused by the cinema) but the same thing happened.
I cant imagine im the only one with this bug......

No longer active
Brandihud

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2007, 07:43:16 am »

Oh... I read it wrong, sorry! I always put my stuff in sub folder to,.. i just like got Bon Voyage and i haven't played very much lately.

I will download a house with CC and let you know what happens with me but i'm not doing it right now... when i get time i will check it out and get back to you!
BlooM

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 30, 2007, 01:56:55 pm »

Thnx hun

No longer active
Brandihud

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 31, 2007, 10:15:59 pm »

BlooM, I downloaded  2 different houses with CC,  but the houses i installed are not showing up, all the CC is in the download folder put the houses are not in the lot bin ,  so i haven't found anything out yet!

I'm going to try reinstalling the lots using trick 17, what trl was talking about!
I have use this trick before, hope it still works!

I will get back to you BlooM!

OK BlooM,  I got the houses to show up, i put all the CC in a folder to it's self inside my download folder.

I went inside the houses to check them out and all the CC is in them still, everything is showing up ok!

I have all the Ex packs and one stuff pack, Glamor Life!

What Ex packs and stuff packs do you have?
« Last Edit: November 01, 2007, 07:35:36 pm by Brandihud » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: