Insimenator.org
May 14, 2024, 02:53:31 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: University question  (Read 1767 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
simsixx

View Profile
« on: October 31, 2007, 12:29:13 pm »

We got a new computer a couple of months ago.
I have all the sims 2 eps except for bon voyage. The problem I'm having is I cannot make my sims go to college. I set up a college town for the neighborhood. It will let them call or get on the computer and get scholarship info, but it does not give me the option to send them to college? I don't get it, I never had this problem when I played on the old computer. Anyone know what the problem could be?
Thanks!
BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2007, 12:42:59 pm »

hrm - i vaguely remember a mod that caused this issue, but I don't remember which one

disable all of your mods with Sims2Pack Clean Installer and see if it works - then it is just a matter of isolationg which one is the one causing the issue.

if you don't have any mods, then we have to look at other potential problems like a corrupted game core file, a corrupted neighbourhood, etc.

"There is a certain elegance in wasting time. Any fool can waste money, but when you waste time you waste what is priceless."
-- Maugham, W. Somerset. Ashenden: Or the British Agent.
jase439

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2007, 03:59:34 pm »

If you have the InTeenimater and the college admissions flavor pak installed, your teens will need to be at least 18 (half way through the teen life stage) before that option comes available.

I think harderhardergrades by JMP may enforce tougher grade requirements  to get this option.

If you have have a phone hack that is not designed for your version of the game, that can cause this and other unsavory things.

J

"Craaaazy...toys in the attic...I am craaaazy...truly gone fishing...they must have taken my marbles away..."
BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2007, 07:52:53 pm »

The wise and just Earl of Goats has spoken, and his words reflect what my browsing of archived posts on 3 sites reflect.  The chief menace by frequency of occurrence is the "Phone line controller" (a proper menace since I think it is on just about every lot at the Exchange uploaded during year 2005); but after that you run into "by design" sorts of things like InTEEN, which don't properly count as bugs/conflicts.

"There is a certain elegance in wasting time. Any fool can waste money, but when you waste time you waste what is priceless."
-- Maugham, W. Somerset. Ashenden: Or the British Agent.
simsixx

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2007, 09:53:44 pm »

Ok, well I do have inteen, and a few other mods.
Not sure about the phone line controller you are talking about, or phone hack. Unless it did come included with a lot of other download.
jase439

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2007, 11:13:13 pm »

Well, if it's InTeen, the test is very simple.  Age the teen forward (using InSIM or other mod) until they have 7 days or less remaining in the teen life stage.  If the option to Go To College suddenly appears then you'll know (the fix is as simple as removing the college admissions flavor pak - which is optional anyway).  If not, then it's likely something else.  May also be worth verifying that you have the Seasons Edition of InTeen (1.6c) installed (assuming you truly have all the EP's except BV).  Click on any sim, choose "InTeenimater" then "Version".  If you have anything other than 1.6 installed, you're in trouble.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2007, 11:16:45 pm by jase439 » Logged

"Craaaazy...toys in the attic...I am craaaazy...truly gone fishing...they must have taken my marbles away..."
simsixx

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2007, 10:38:29 am »

Ok, thanks.
Iam playing with season's, and I'm pretty sure I have all the right compatable versions installed. But I will double check just to be sure.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: