Insimenator.org
May 08, 2024, 03:44:39 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Red walls?  (Read 1067 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
writemyxwr0ngs
« on: November 06, 2007, 02:04:19 am »

Hi, I'm new to this forum and I'm not sure if I should be posting my question here or somewhere else. I'm rather clueless right now. =/

Anyway. About four months ago, I was forced to reinstall all of my sims 2 games because I got a new computer. Well, while I was installing Open For Business, it wouldn't install correctly, I suppose because the disk was damaged, though I'm not real positive as to what happened. I uninstalled Open For Business, then tried re-installing it, and it worked. I continued installing all of my games. So I go to play my game, but I discover that all of my walls are red. I thought maybe Open For Business just didn't get all of the files installed correctly, so I uninstalled everything, and then reinstalled it all, but just didn't reinstall Open For Business. Still, the red blinking walls. You cannot see the wallcoverings, the walls just flash red to purple. I have installed other expansion packs since then (Seasons & Bon Voyage), but I still have the red wall problem.

Anyone know what's wrong?
I'm so desperate. I don't want to rebuy all of my games, but I'm afraid that I'm going to be forced into it?
BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2007, 03:02:58 am »

the red walls thing is usually a sign that your video card isn't supported for the later EPs, epecially Pets, Seasons, and Bon Voyage.  Try updating directX and your video card driver (in that order) - if that doesn't fix it, it is more than likely that you missed, and need to uninstall everything (again) and re-install with a pause between each to install the update patches you can download from the official site.  If that still doesn't solve it - then you may need to live without one or more of the later EPs

What video card do you have and what operating system are you using?

"There is a certain elegance in wasting time. Any fool can waste money, but when you waste time you waste what is priceless."
-- Maugham, W. Somerset. Ashenden: Or the British Agent.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: